The Date (Part 1)

Liam POV

“You know what?” I called to Zayn from across the room. I had stayed over at his apartment the day we told the other boys about us. We had all stayed up late just talking and playing around like old times; I loved that.

“What?” He asked me.

“We haven’t had a proper date yet. I know there had been complications, but y’know…” I trailed off, but he understood what I meant.

“Yeah, that’s true,” He stated. “So, what were you thinking of?”

“Well, if you want, I did have something in mind, we could go out tomorrow.” I said with a questioning tone to my voice.

“Sure, that sounds great. Anything in particular you had in mind?”

“It’s a surprise,” I said, winking at him. “But it’s only a little something.” I told him

“I can’t wait,” He replied, and I agreed; tomorrow couldn’t come around soon enough…

I was really excited; today I was taking Zayn on our very first date. I thought I had a good idea, I was just hoping that Zayn would like it. I wanted to prove my love for him with this. My phone buzzed and I unlocked it, expecting a text from Zayn, but instead it was Niall.

Niall: Hey Li, wanna come over today - I haven’t seen much of you lately. Zayn can come too if he wants.

I felt really bad; I guess I have been neglecting him a bit since being with Zayn. But I couldn’t see him today, I have the whole date planned for Zayn; I didn’t want to  say no to either of them. I felt so guilty texting him back,

Liam: Really sorry Ni, I’m taking Zayn on a date. Really want to catch up with you though, how about tomorrow? x

I soon received a reply,

Niall: It’s ok, really. Tomorrow I’m going to Haz and Lou’s but I’m sure both of you can come too! Have a good time today ;) x

I was glad he didn’t sound that upset,

Liam: Thanks man, love ya! See ya soon then. x

I prepared a few last minute things before making sure I wasn’t looking to scruffy. I got a text from Zayn saying that he was on his way and sat on the couch waiting for him to arrive.

Not long after, I heard footsteps coming up my driveway. I rushed to the door eagerly and opened it for Zayn. And may I just say; he looked absolutely stunning.

Zayn POV

We arrived at the outskirts of the park. Although we lived nearLondon, it was easy to find places nearby with lots of the outdoors. Liam put his arm round my shoulders and walked me to the edge of a wooded area. We walked in and the trees engulfed us, blocking out most of our light; but it wasn’t scary or gloomy. It shaded us, as though keeping us hidden from the rest of the world, not letting anyone invade on this time alone with Liam. Once convinced that we were alone, Liam let his hand fall from my shoulder and ran it down my arm, causing me to shiver. I think he noticed because he smirked as he put his hand in mine, intertwining our fingers and holding mine tight but comfortably.

I loved the feel of Liam’s hand in mine. It was such a simple gesture but it made me feel all the more comfortable and gave me the confidence to express my feelings for him. His hand was smooth yet rougher than a girl’s. That made it much more soothing and calming. His fingers in between mine were the best feeling in the world; that made my life complete. It was amazing how he could give me all these feelings, just with the hold of his hand