Annoncement

Liam POV

I didn’t want him to leave me. Despite the fact that we had been together only a little over a month, I knew that I wanted to be with him forever. I knew that if I wanted that, we would have to come out at one point, so why not now. I’m sure that we would be a lot happier once we could show more affection towards each other in public.

It’s just I seemed to want to stall it as long as I could; I was scared to be honest. So far we had only told our parents and the rest of the band; people who we trust with our lives. It’s not that I didn’t love our fans, it’s just that we had no idea how they would react. I was terribly nervous just telling the others, even though we were positive they would be supportive of us, so this is so much more nerve wrecking.

I had told the lads about the plan yesterday evening and they had all decided that they wanted to be a part of it; which was great! I honestly love all of them for being so supportive of us. Apart from yesterday morning, they had never had a problem or said anything bad about Zayn and I being together. They teased us endlessly, which could be irritating at times, but it was all just playful banter. Plus, I knew they were just jealous of our perfect relationship!

We were sitting around the kitchen table, all five of us, just chatting and, in Niall’s case, eating. The rest of had finished our lunch ages ago, but Niall, being Niall, had far more food than all of us, therefore took longer to eat it.

I got bored of waiting and went to sit down in the living room, our conversation was awkward anyway. It was getting close to when we would officially announce it, and I was close to giving up; this would literally change all of our lives forever, and the pressure and stress was just too much. I really didn’t want it to mess everything up.

Niall came in and saw me sitting on the couch, breathing heavily in an attempt to calm myself down. He walked over and sat down next to me, wrapping his arms around my shoulders. I relaxed into his touch and rested my head on his shoulder as he rubbed his hand up and down my arm in a comforting manner.

I heard movement to my left and looked to see Zayn standing there. Just from that look, I could see that he was just as nervous as I was; but that he was doing a much better job of hiding it.

He continued to look at me and Niall, a half frown, half questioning look on his face. I raised my eyebrow at him and he walked towards the sofa. “Isn’t it supposed to be me comforting him, Niall?” he asked, was he seriously getting jealous?

“Fine, so I’m not allowed to hug him anymore, am I?” Niall responded, but he wasn’t serious. Zayn smirked as Niall released me from his grip and scooted over on the couch, leaving a space for Zayn in between us. “There you go, Mr Payne” Niall said to Zayn, scoffing.

Zayn looked slightly surprised, but soon a wide grin spread on his face. He didn’t stop smiling as he sat down next to me, wrapping his arms around me and burring his head in my next, nibbling gently on the skin there. I would be lying if I said I hadn’t already thought about marriage with Zayn, but I knew that wouldn’t be happening any time soon; we were still only young. Besides, if we were to get married, I don’t think Zayn would take my surname; I mean ‘Zayn Payne’… It doesn’t really sound right. I could take his surname or we could have one of those hyphenated surnames.

I realized I had got a little caught up in my thoughts; Zayn might not have even considered marriage yet, although the look on his face when Niall implied it said otherwise. But we were just taking one thing at a time; first things first, coming out to the world.

Soon, all five of us were sitting on the couch, Zayn and I had moved to the middle. Niall was sitting on my left, Zayn on my right with Lou next to him, and Harry on the end. We had all tweeted about an hour ago saying that there would be a group twitcam with a special announcement.