The interview

Liam POV

I woke up feeling Zayn’s arm around my waist and his head on my chest. I moved my arm from his shoulder to stroke his hair gently. He stirred slightly but didn’t wake up, instead just tightened his grip on my waist.

I looked to Louis and Harry and saw Louis’s eyes were open, staring down at the sleeping boy with his head in Louis’ lap. Louis looked up and our eye’s met. He smiled softly at me. It wasn’t anything out of the ordinary, him and Harry acted that close all the time, but there wasn’t anything going on between them. They were just really close friends who acted very homosexual sometimes! But then all five of us do!

“Hello Zayn, I just need to-” I heard a woman’s voice say and I turned to face her “Oh,” she breathed, seemingly surprised and looked a bit uncomfortable, not knowing what to say.

I soon realised Zayn and I were still in the bed together, me topless, and blushed madly. I quickly released myself from Zayn’s grip and got out of bed, pulling my shirt over my head swiftly.

I turned to see Zayn waking up and reaching out at the empty space I had occupied just a few seconds earlier. “Liam…” he moaned sleepily, completely unaware of the fact that a nurse was in the room, watching his every move. I blushed even redder, which I didn’t think possible. It wasn’t that I was embarrassed to be with Zayn, just that I didn’t really like anyone seeing us like that, except the boys obviously.

I sat down on his bed, holding his shoulder and shaking it slightly, trying to get him to fully wake up. “Mr, Malik,” the nurse said impatiently. Zayn froze, then his eyes shot open and he sat up quickly, looking at the nurse awkwardly.

The nurse walked over to him without a word, she took his hand and outstretched his arm, wrapping a monitor round his wrist and noted down the readings on her clipboard. She stuck a thermometer in Zayn’s mouth and left it there as she began to check and refill some of the bags of liquid flowing through the wires into Zayn’s arm.

Zayn’s looked utterly adorable, pouted lips with the thermometer sticking out. He looked so cute and child-like, quite vulnerable really. I couldn’t help lean over and place a small kiss to his cheek, he turned to look at me and I couldn’t help but giggle. This just made him pout even more and I smiled cheekily back at him.

The nurse returned and took the thermometer out of Zayn’s mouth. She read off it and gave a small ‘hmm’ as she nodded her head and recorded the data.

“Ok, everything looks good.” She said to Zayn, “You should be able to leave tomorrow as planned,” she explained.

Zayn gave a grateful nod and said a simple, “Thanks.” The nurse left then, leaving the five of us to ourselves; the others had woken up during the small commotion.

Harry stretched, sitting up from Louis’ lap, then looked at his watch. “Um, guys? We need to be at the interview in less than an hour, plus we would need to go back home to get washed and changed.” He stated. We all nodded and muttered ‘ok’ except for Zayn, who looked upset, and… hurt? Didn’t he know we had to go this interview? We couldn’t just bunk off, as much as I didn’t want to leave him, we had to.

“I’m sorry baby,” I leaned down and spoke softly to him, “I’d much rather stay here and keep you company, but I just can’t do that.” I explained.

Zayn nodded in understanding, still looking upset. “We’ll be back in about two and a half hours, why don’t you just go to sleep?” Niall said, trying to comfort him.

“But I’ve only just woken up!” Zayn exclaimed.

“I know baby,” I said sympathetically. “But we’ve got to go, we’ll be back soon.” I waited for the other boys to pick up their belongings they had brought so we could get going. I felt Zayn’s hand on my chin, pulling me towards him. Our lips connected in a sweet, innocent, loving kiss. I could feel his hand stroking my jaw line and caressing my cheeks. I smiled into the kiss, just in pure bliss from the feeling his lips gave me. I felt him smile too, beginning to nibble on my bottom lip as I sucked on his top one.