At the Hospital

I don't seem to be able to write short chapters, this might be the longest so far! Hope that makes it better as you'll be able to read more of my Ziam fluff (Which I have been told is quite good :D)

Anyway enjoy:

Zayn POV

My eyes snapped open and I took in my surroundings; I wasn’t at my apartment where I last remember being. The room was painted white and I was lying on a rather uncomfortable bed in the middle of the room. I noticed multiple wires coming out of my arm and a heart rate monitor round my wrist. All of these led to strange machines or liquids in bags. I looked up and that’s when I saw the 4 other boys in the room; my three best friends and boyfriend. They were all looking down at their laps with uncertain expressions.

“Zayn!” I heard a shout but I didn’t have time to react before Liam was next to me kissing my face. I heard the scrape of chairs on the floor and footsteps walking up to my bed. Liam was kissing all over my face desperately before attacking my lips. I tried to kiss back passionately but my body felt weak and tired.

“Liam, give him space to breathe mate.” I heard Louis’ voice call out then Liam was pulled off me. He smiled apologetically at me and I smiled back, reaching for his hand. He intertwined our fingers and sat on the edge of my bed while the rest of the boys stood around, smiling at me.

“So, what did I miss?” I asked cheekily and they chuckled, obviously happy that I was feeling better.

“Um, you collapsed, and doctors say you had a severe anxiety attack” Harry explained, a sad smile on his face.

“What else?” I asked not sure if I wanted to hear the answer, I knew there must be more to the story than just that.

Harry gestured to Liam and I saw that tears had started to fill his eyes. I squeezed his hand and he spoke, his voice harsh from what I assumed was him crying. “You remember this morning when you were really ill?” Liam asked and I thought for a moment before the memories came flooding back; I nodded. “Well, you ended up fainting and I couldn’t get you to wake up so I called an ambulance. They came and while the doctors were trying to help you… you stopped breathing.” Then he spoke so quietly, if I wasn’t listening so intently, I wouldn’t have heard; “I was afraid I would lose you”

I looked up at him and he tried to smile through his tears. I attempted to push myself up to kiss him but my body was still too weak, so instead, I pulled his hand to my lips and gently kissed his knuckles. He wiped his eyes and leaned down, placing a delicate kiss to my forehead.

“Then you were brought here” Louis explained; so there’s more to the story? Actually, that’s good; me stopping breathing wouldn’t be a good end to a story. “You were in the emergency treatment area for a while and we weren’t allowed to visit you. Then, when you were brought here, we came and waited for you to wake up. That was only about 15 minutes ago,” Louis said and I just gave a small nod.

“Oh, and you missed Liam crying,” Harry jokes smirking at Liam who’s face turned a dark shade of red. “A lot” he added and Liam smacked him playfully in the chest.

“I was upset, ok?” Liam protested, as I pulled his head down to bury in the crook of my neck.

“It’s ok baby,” I mumbled into his ear. He shivered and I kissed the top of his head.

“This is all my fault!” he cried loudly, lifting his head slightly to look at me.

“No it’s not,” Louis, Harry and Niall said in unison. I chuckled lightly before turning back to the crying boy lying on me.