Chapter 25: Wait, what?

•• HAYES' POV ••

The taste of her lips still lingering on mine, so sweet and gentle. I've missed them. I've missed her. I've missed us.

"You did really great tonight babe!" I said, releasing from our tight embrace.

"Thanks Hayes, but something was bothering me a bit. " She said, looking at me with glimmer in her eyes.

"What's that?"

"Who was the girl you were sitting with at the table?" Maddie began, oh lord here we go. I need to find an explanation, and quick.

"Oh baby, she's just my cousin. I promise!" I pleaded, hoping my
girlfriend would buy it.

"Hhmmm.. okay!" She replied cheerfully. Pfhu, it worked!

Maddie placed a quick peck on my lips once more and said, "so what are we gonna do now?" , While swaying back and forth. Oh I know what I wanna do.

"Oh and Maddie..."

"Yeah Hayes?"

"Happy 5 months!"

"You remembered!" She said with the biggest smile on her face. God she's gorgeous.

*****

"So, what movie?" I said, scrolling through Netflix with my arm wrapped around Maddie's waist.

"I was thinking Ouija?"

"Oh you know me so well!" I said, wrapped my other arm around her waist, pulling her into my chest.

She giggled, then got up to get a blanket and a bowl of popcorn.

"Cheddar or ranch seasoning?" Maddie called from the hotel room's tiny kitchen.

"Cheddar. Obviously."

"Ok" she laughed, plopping back down next to me, holding onto the blue bowl of popcorn for two. I snaked my arm back around her waist and pressed play.

******

Her hands tangled through my hair as I pulled her waist closer to mine, my lips trailed down her neck, leaving tiny love bites along the way.

"Hayes" Maddi moaned. She probably has the hottest moan out there to be honest.

She tugged on my shirt, demanding it to be taken off, I did so with a smirk on my face, watching her eyes trail up and down my abs.

I pushed her back down onto the bed as our tongues explored each other's mouths, I played with her shirt. She smiled in the kiss and situated so I could easily slide it off to reveal a black lace bra. God Maddi why. She really knows how to turn me on.

I watched the forming goosebumps on her skin rise as I gently ran my fingers along all of her curves.

"Ugh Hayes" she moaned again

She was obviously asking for it, " I'll be right back." I smirked, climbing off of her to go grab a condom.

As I was walking, my phone buzzed. I took it out of my pocket to see who the text was from

Lia😍❤️: hey where r u. I'm sitting in matts room. If you wanna stop by.

"Shit" I mumbled under my breath.

•••• LIAS POV ••••

"Hey, are you alright?" Matt said, sliding down the wall to sit next to me.

I lifted my head from my knees, blinking a couple times to get clear vision back from the blur my faint tears had caused.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Biggest lie a girl can tell.

"No, I know you. You are far from fine, Lia. What's wrong?" He said, looking me straight in the eyes, putting one hand over mine.

I stared at the wall in front of me.

"Is it Hayes?"

I closed my eyes and nodded, attempting to hold back the tears that want to pour out.

"Hey, it's gonna be okay." Matt said, patting my shoulder. I opened my eyes and turned my head to a reassuring smile coming from Matt.

"Thanks Matt, you're one of my best friends" I said, pulling him into a hug.

He rubbed my back and said, "You are, too."

"Do you know where Hayes is?" I asked, muffled by Matts chest.

"Mmhhm" he nodded.

*****

"So this is it" I whispered to myself as I stood in front of Hayes' door.

I took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

I could hear a quiet "coming!" Then someone opened the door.

"Hi" the girl who looked about my age smiled, "I'm Maddi, and you are?"

"Lia." I scoured

"Oh, Lia Evans?" She said, eying me up and down.

"That would be me" I replied, evilly starring her straight in the eye.

"So you're Hayes' cousin!" My temper sky rocketed. Cousin?

"Nice to meet you!" She said cheerfully.

Sorry this took 30 years to publish!! But THANK YOU SO FRICKIN MUCH FOR 1k READS!!!!! ILYASM❤️❤️❤️