Chapter 5: Date? Or Nah?

LIA'S POV

It was officially the weekend, Saturday morning,

8:37am

I rolled over and stared out of my balcony's window. I studied it carefully.

It looked out onto a little lake. There was thick woods on the other side. I stared at my backyard. Scattered, lush trees, filled with chattering birds. The sun's warmth was beaming on my face. It made me smile. Life is beautiful (deep, Ikr)

I rolled to the other side of my bed to grab my phone off of its charger, lying peacefully on my nightstand, but of corse pepper was lying on top of my phone because I have no clue.

"Pepper, get yo fat ass off of my cellular device!" I laughed at my humor, lame.

He turned around and stared directly into my eyes, piercing my soul, I have to admit, I was scared... of my cat.

"Ok..sorry..jeeze" I said, he turned around and strolled off, his fat rolls flowing with him.

I giggled and scrolled through my messages. One specifically caught my eye.

"Good morning"

It was from Hayes

Ongojgsiemskebslwunsnsl!!

I took a breath to regain my calmness so I could reply

TO HAYES: Good morning to you, too

FROM HAYES: :) .... so I was wondering... would you wanna go to a movie later or something? If you didn't have plans...

TO HAYES: Hayes .. I would love to :)

FROM HAYES: great, I'll pick you up by 7:30pm!

I smiled and texted him my address. Then I quickly hopped out of bed because I was too excited to just lay there.

I made my way to the bathroom, taking a change of clothes with me. I needed to take a nice cold, yes..cold, shower.

..LATER THAT DAY, AROUND 6pm..

I cannot function right now. So many thoughts were invading my brain.

Is it a date? Does he like me?

What if it's not a date? Maybe he just wants to be friends.

But what if it is a date?

I'm hungry.

What am I going to wear?

Oh my... what am I going to wear?! I don't want to look to dressed up, but also look put together, but comfortable, also cute. I don't know.

I feel like I'm the girl in my favorite book, If I Stay, I'll go with something I feel good wearing.

I chose a tribal print cropttop, paired with a black, flowing skater skirt. I matched my white converse with my outfit also. My hair was up in a high, messy ponytail, topped off with a little white bow.

I checked my outfit in the mirror. Yep. Presentable.

I hopped down the stairs, my dad and Collin where sitting on the couch, watching baseball. My dad turned around turned around to make contact with me.

"And where might you be heading?" He said, eying me down (not the creepy way, more like the fatherly way, yeah)

"To the movies, with my friend" I replied back, I wasn't lying.

"Mmmhmm" Collin smirkingly said

I rolled my eyes at him, he chuckled.
..............

Finally the doorbell rang, I peeked out the window to see a smiling Hayes standing outside of my door.

My dad saw him, too

Surprisingly, he just smiled and said,
"Just make sure your back by 10pm"

I gave him a hug, then I walked out of the door.

Hayes and I extanged hellos as we walked to his car. He's older than me, so he already has his license.

Ooh fancy!