Chapter 27: Flying Away.✈️

I slammed the door behind me and let out a low scream of frustration.

"Lia? Lia is everything okay?" I heard my older brother say while lounging on the couch of the hotel room.

With pain and anger rushing through my body and tears stinging my eyes, I managed to say, "I'm fine."

My legs guided my body through the hotel room, finding my way to the bedroom, but I didn't feel like I was moving anywhere.

I plopped down in front of my suitcase and hid my face in the palm of my hands. I let out the tears I was building up.

There was a shuffling noise and the bed creaked. I turned myself around to find Sammy sitting on the bed behind me.

"I know you are not fine, Lia." He said in a stern voice.

I starred down at the floor I was sitting on, watching my tears disappear into the carpet beneath me.

"I'm not."

My eyes began to burn again,

"I'm going home." I said, as I turned back to my suitcase.

Sammy sat beside me on the floor and wrapped his arms around me, "You're not going without me."

"Sam.. it's fine. I'm 16, I can go alone.", My voice was muffled by his chest.

There was a moment of silence, quiet enough to hear my faint sniffles.

"I need to make up for all the years I wasn't here to protect you." He said, starring hard into my eyes. His sweetness plastered a tiny smile on my face.

"Thanks." I said, whipping away my tears.

"So I'm gonna book a flight to North Carolina then."

And with that, he got up and left.

♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

"You're WHAT?!" Matt said, ever so calmly (note the sarcasm), sitting criss cross in front of me.

"Yeah, I'm going home." I sighed, realizing I'll be leaving all my closest friends. Basically family.

"But everyone is going to miss you like crazy!" Taylor piped up, who was sitting in a swivel chair sitting in the corner.

"Correction: almost everyone."

"Oh. Right." Taylor sighed.

"Wait, does Collin know that you're leaving?" Mahogany asked.

"What does Collin know?" Collin asked as he walked through the front door of Nash's hotel room. Wow. Perfect timing!

"Um, Sammy and I are going home." I said, sounding more like a question than a statement.

"What! Why? All of your friends are here and it's almost over any way." he said, sounding disappointed.

"You know why, Collin." I said, not making eye contact.

"Well..." he sighed, "I'm staying here.", As he crossed his arms.

"Ok, but when I get home and dad gets mad, I'm not defending your butt", I said, mimicking him.

"When are you leaving?" He said, uncrossing his arms, realizing what I was doing.

"In about an hour.", I said with my hand on the front door knob, about to walk out, "See you at home I guess."

Wow, thanks for the support, Collin.

♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

A 6 hour plane ride was what I needed the most to gather all my thoughts and feelings. I mean, a hot, steamy bubble bath with candles would be nice, but sadly I don't have access to a tub right now.

I wonder how long this little act of Hayes' has been going on though .. What if it's been like that ever since we started dating? Maybe he was just using me, like as a toy.. As a distraction.. He probably never even loved me.. I don't need him.. He doesn't deserve me. I need to move on.

Bitch please, I will move on....
Even if it hurts like hell.