Chapter 15: Trails

It has been 2 weeks since Collin has been in the hospital. Things have been very gloomy lately. I miss him. I want him to come home ASAP. Hayes haven't left my side since dad is always at the hospital with Collin. He has been taking this situation a lot harder than I am. Mainly because of what he had to go through with mom.

It was around 2:30pm and I was just laying on my bed, scrolling through Twitter when I heard little thuds hitting my window. I got up to see what it was. It was Hayes throwing tiny pebbles at the window, trying to get my attention, he succeeded.

I opened my balcony doors and stepped outside where a warm refreshing breeze hit my skin. I looked over the edge to see Hayes standing, looking up to me.

"Do you wanna go on a walk with me?" He yelled, his voice echoing across the lake.

I thought about it, eh, why not. "Sure" I yelled back, my voice leaving the same effect.

"Lemme go freshen up real quick!" Hayes nodded and walked around my house, probably to come inside. I heard himself plop down on the couch.

"Take your time" he said, loud enough for me to hear him. I just smiled.

I quickly slapped some concealer on my face and swiped some mascara over my eyelashes. I walked over to my closet and stepped inside. It was pretty warm out today so I chose a black cropttop with a big white daisy on it, along with a solid pink skater skirt that I wore black spandex underneath and white converse. It was simple but comfy. I grabbed my phone and slid it in a tiny leather backpack I had with me that also contained a sweater, sunglasses, and two granola bars, Hayes will probably get hungry. I slung it over my shoulders and went downstairs to get ready.

Hayes shot up from where he was sitting and eyeballed me from head to toe. I spun around, giving him a better look, both of us laughing.

"Are you ready?" He said, smiling.

"Sure am!" I grabbed his hand and we walked out the door.

"Where are we going?" I said as Hayes pulled me along to a trail leading to the woods.

"You'll see" he smirked, looking back to me.

We walked along the trail, both of us tripping a couple times, but we good.

A part of me felt guilty for having fun and laughing while Collin was in the hospital. But he would want it this way, so I shook it off.

We continued walking.

"Hayes", I whined, "my legs are tired"

He turned around and laughed at me, then crouched down.

"Hop on" he said, gesturing towards his back.

"You really want me to get on your back nono I'm too heavy" I said shaking my hands.

"Lia, please, you weigh like 30lbs" he said with a slight chuckle

"Well ok" I said, cautiously hopping onto his back.

We continued like this until we reached the end of the trail. I jumped off and stood by Hayes' side.

I looked out, we were standing on the edge of the lake, there was a little dock and by it a motor boat.

Hayes looked at me and smiled.

"Please tell me you actually know how to drive that thing" I said gesturing to the boat.

"Mmhhm" he nodded, walking up to it and climbing in, "c'mon!" He said holding out his arms.

"O-okay" I said nervously, he grabbed my waist, picking me up and placing me in the boat. It shook a little as I regained my balance.

Hayes laughed, I playfully punched him. He faked a pout, causing me to release a giggle.

He went and sat in the drivers seat, he turned the key to the boat and it started up right away. I sighed in relief and sat down in the passenger seat.

"Ready?" He said as he looked and me, flashing me a secure smile. I nodded, knowing he wouldn't do this if it weren't safe. Then we took off, gliding through the smooth water. Hayes looked over to see my reaction, I was laughing, and my arms were up in the air. Hayes laughed and began to drive faster.

We finally came to a stop. It was at another sandy beach shore. Hayes hopped out of the boat, helping me out as well. Such a gentleman. We walked and sat down in the warm sand. The sky showed a beautiful sunset.

I looked over to Hayes and saw him laying down, his arms folded behind his head.

"Hayes.?.."

"Hhmm?" He mumbled

"Why me?" I said, sitting in a criss cross position.

"What do you mean?" He said, sitting up, his arms bracing him.

"Like you could have literally any girl in the school, and you choose me."

He looked me straight in the eyes, his blue ones shimmering in the moonlight.

"Lia, I wouldn't want to be with anyone else, you are different from the other girls. Usually they use me for my fame, you don't. You accept me as a actual human. Your laugh is contagious and I love the way your eyes sparkle when you talk. I love the spark you get when you dance, it's amazing, and your singing voice. I have never felt this way about anyone else besides you, Lia" he scooted closer to me, placing his hand over mine.

"Hayes-I...." I was interrupted by plump lips smashing against mine. I felt the same fireworks I felt as if it was the first time we had kissed all over again. As if we were the only two in the world. As if the world had stopped spinning around. As if fireworks has lighten up the night sky. It was perfect.

That's all I have to say about that.

!!!!!! A/N !!!!!!

I apologize for all the depressing chapters lately, so I thought this one would lighten the mood just a tad.

Hehe

But do not worry, I have much much more drama in store for this book. I have it all planned out perfectly, and tbh these ideas give me the chills. Hehe anyway have a nice dayyy and thank you for almost 400 reads!!!!!!!!

-Brooke 💙💙