Chapter 3: Butterflies

I woke up this morning in my new room, with the smell of waffles cooking in the kitchen.

I rolled over to grab my phone and check my notifications.

I scrolled through Instagram, then finally decided to get up.

I walked to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth, I also put my hair into a sloppy bun.

I stumbled down the stairs finding my way to the kitchen, the smell of waffles leading the way.

When I entered I found Collin sitting at the breakfast bar on his phone, probably tweeting about the waffles. My dad was at the griddle making waffles, obviously.

"Good morning Lillo! Such nice hair you have there!" My dad, making fun of my bed head, chuckling.

I could hear Collin laugh lightly behind me.

I just crossed my arms and made a pouty face.

"So, why are you making waffles again?" Collin asked

"Yeah are you like trying to poison us?" I smiled.
Dad laughed.

"No, it's because you two start school tomorrow and I wanted to give you guys a little treat for being such good sports."

"We start school tomorrow?"

"Waffle?" Dad said gesturing me a plate of waffles.

"Ugh, yes Lia we start school tomorrow, you'll be fine cause you'll actually make friends."

"Collin, you will make friends." I reassured him, taking a nip at my waffles.

"I believe in you!" Dad said in a French accent.

We all laughed.

*** Next Day ***

I woke up at 5:30 am to get ready for school. Ugh why so early?! I needed to use all the time I had in the morning, so I couldn't play on my phone for a bit.

I rolled off the bed, onto the floor, making my way the the bathroom, Collin was waking out of his room, almost tripping over me.

" Lia, wtf are you doing?!?" He yelled/whispered/laughed.

"I'm just trying to take a shower!" I responded the same way.

"Okay?" he questioned my weirdness.

"Okay." , Nodding my head, smiling, continuing my way to the bathroom.
..........
I looked in the mirror, making sure I was very presentable.

My outfit consisted of a high-wasted royal blue skater skirt, white croptop with royal blue cats, black vans, grey cardigan. My hair was in a messy fishtail side braid, and my makeup enhanced the blueness of my eyes. I was ready.

I skipped down the stairs to the kitchen, grabbing a bowl of Special-K cereal, and a banana.

I ate it all than ran back upstairs to brush my teeth.

Now I was ready.

Collin and I both grabbed our backpacks, then out the door we went, finding our way to the bus stop.
............
"So have you made any new friends yet?" I said, sitting my lunch tray on the cafeteria table next to my brother.

"Actually, I have" Collin smiled, "he's right there!" He said, pointing to a tall, dark haired, blue-eyed boy.

I have to admit, he was very attractive.

"See, I told you! Look who's right, AGAIN!" I exclaimed

After lunch was over, we proceeded to our last hours. Mine was Algebra.

I walked into my class, looking for an empty seat. I found one, walked over, and sat down.

"Hey." I heard a voice beside me say.

I turned and saw that it was that boy Collin was pointing to at lunch. The attractive one.

"Hey." I replied back, smiling, my voice probably sounding shaky.

He looked down to his feet, also smiling.

I could feel butterflies flying around in my stomach.

Why? I have know idea. He hasn't even told me his name. I don't even know him. Why? Why do I feel this way when I don't even know his name.

Then he told me. Flipping his hair back up, falling perfectly on his head. Flashing a perfect smile.

"I'm ....."