Chapter 1: Moving Day

* Beep beep beep* * muffled voices in background*

I woke up to the sound of a moving truck.

Moving day.

A day that I have a lot of mixed emotions about.

I rolled over to see what time it was on my phone. 7:34 am. I also had a text from my brother.

It read: GET YO ASS OTTA BED AND LETS GET MOVING!!

I laughed a bit, then I walked down the hall to the bathroom to get ready.
Since we would be on the road all day today I only brushed my teeth and hair, slopped it up into a messy bun, and wore the tiniest bit of concealer and mascara. I picked out my outfit and threw it on.

I went down the hall to the kitchen to get breakfast.

My dad was in there packing.

"Lia we have no time to stop and eat, we'll go to McDonalds when we are done."

I replied with a simple "ok" and went to my room.

I looked around and all I saw was boxes, and the big furniture like my bed, dresser, and desk.

My mind started replaying all the memories I made in this room. From the time I was 2.5 years old, playing barbies, to the times mom came in here to comfort me from boy drama.

I started tearing up when Collin walked in.

"You ok sis?" He asked, turning me around with a pull of his arms.

I nodded my head and said, "it's just the memories."

"Ah, well let's promise to make great memories in the new house, okay?"

"Promise" we hugged and grabbed as much boxes as we can and loaded them in the van.

After the last box was in the moving van, we all just kind of stood there, in the main enterence, just staring at the empty house, for like 5 minutes, in complete silence.

Then my dad broke the silence.
"So, are we ready?" He asked

Collin and I looked at each other and nodded as we both took a deep breath.

My dad noticed how upset we both were and gave us one of his famous bear hugs that can comfort you after 3.7 seconds of the hug.

We released and dad said, "ok, well let's get going, I want food!"
I giggled, picked up pepper (that's the cats name).

Then we left. Leaving the house we lived in our whole life, behind. But never the memories we made. They are along for the ride with us.

Joining the new memories we are about to make.

In North Carolina.