Chapter 28: Missing You.

Consider me confused. Call me a walking soap opera, but for some reason I regret letting him go.

Every time I try to get over him, there has to be something in the way that reminds me of him. His smile. His laugh. His smell. Hayes.

But apparently he doesn't need me like I need him. He has Maddi to please his wants and needs. That's exactly why I should move on, Hayes doesn't want a relationship. He wants a distraction, a toy. He wants a pleasure pleaser.

Fuck boy.

That's what Hayes Grier is.
A fuck boy.

I've made up my mind. My life without Hayes starts now.

*ding*

I look down at my phone to see who texted me.

Message: Haysiebear❤️❤️

Shitfuck my life never mind, this is gonna be WAY harder than I thought it was going to be.

"Who's that?" Sammy asked, walking into my room.

"Its..no one." I mumbled, locking my phone and setting it back down on my desk and went back to editing the video I just filmed.

"Was it Hayes?" He asked, taking a seat on the edge of my bed and putting his chin in the palm of his hands, ready to listen to my problems.

"Yeah.... It was." I sighed, turning around in my swivel chair to face my older brother.

"Hey," he said, putting a hand on my shoulder, "break ups are hard, especially if it's your first love."

"Ha, no kidding." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Things will clean up and people will change. I promise, this is just like a..um.."

"A hurricane. Very quick, and damaging.", I blurted out.

"But there is always rainbow and sunshine to follow. Remember that." Sam said, rubbing my back ever so gently.

"How could I? Mom told it to me when I was 7", a small smile creeped on to my face.

Sammy pulled me into his chest and squeezed me, "things will get better, I promise" then he got up and walked to my bedroom door," Oh, I also invited Tali over. I thought you might want some girl time." He added, leaning against the door frame.

I looked at him and smiled. I have an amazing older brother.

"Thanks Samm"

•••••••••••

"I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!!" Talia screamed as she busted through the door and into my arms, making us toppling to the ground.

"No, I'm pretty sure I missed you more.", I said, pulling myself up and grabbing her hand to hoist her up too.

"Okay ok, lets say I've missed just as much as you missed me." she said, putting her hand on her hip, posing sassily.

I laughed and said, "deal." It feels good to have my best friend back.

So you're probably wondering, what happened to Paige? Well her and I aren't really friends anymore. She broke my brother's heart and started really bad rumors about me. Of course Tali dislikes her also. That's the beauty of our friendship, we hate the same people.

"So, I heard about you and Hayes. Lia I am so sorry that happened to you. I've got your back, girl!" She said, taking a seat on my couch.

"Yeah. But I guess if he can move on that easy, so can I."

•••HAYES's POV•••

"Hey Lia, it's Hayes. Wait you already know that. Ugh okay, just please call me back." I hit the end button, locked my phone and sighed. That was like the fifth time I got her voicemail.

I messed up. Big time. How could I let her go like that. She was my light, my match, my burning sun. (<<lol). She was my world and I just let her walk away.

That's why I need to break up with Maddi, and be loyal to Lia. Like a golden retriever.

I rolled off my bed and walked into the bathroom to clean up a bit. I picked a clean shirt out of my suitcase, slipped into my shoes then left.

I sent Maddi a text, telling her to meet me at the park.

She replied with a simple "ok", she usually has more to say than that.

20 minutes had passed and I was sitting on a park bench, watching the pigeons pick little crumbs off the ground and a soccer ball game going on off in the distance. Finally I saw Maddi walking my way down the sidewalk.

"Hey" was all I could say. I guess I was a little nervous.

"....So we need to break up." finally, I spit it out.

She starred at me for what seemed like forever, then she finally said something.

"Okay."

"Okay? Like you're fine. Okay? Well alright. Yeah cool..." Damn

"Um yeah, if you didn't come here to break up with me, then I was going to." She said, crossing her arms.

"Well then... I guess this is goodbye.", I shoved my hands into my pockets then turned around.

"Bye Hayes."

Then she walked away, as if nothing happened.

Smiling.