Blitzo's Choice

Hey guys, finished the latest chapter. Took me two and half days to get it done. Next story to be updated is Starlight Wings. Looking forward to that one very much so.

Anyway, please give your thoughts, share this story (and all my stories) and like and comment

Blitzo honestly could say that he had very few people he cared about, but they were all precious to him. Most of those who he once treasured were gone in some form or another, mostly dead. Others had left, and a few he pushed away out of fear. It was honestly a miracle that he still had Loona, Moxxie, Millie, and Stolas in his life, but even then he couldn't help but fear he had nearly ruined their lives and gotten them killed with his actions. No matter what the others said, the truth was the whole kidnapping incident wouldn't have happened if he hadn't taken that book from Stolas for his company. Yet it was the company that had given him the best years in his life since he ruined it a hundred years ago. A hundred years afterward that he had spent trying to forget.

When he woke up and felt his entire body in agony, he knew he had done something stupid again. Yet, the one thing that comforted him, and kept him silent, was Moxxie's little speech. This wasn't the first time they have had moments like these, but it was the most emotional and heartfelt Blitzo experienced in their time together. Because, just as Moxxie confessed Blitzo was his best friend, Moxxie was perhaps Blitzo's best friend as well.

Yet, if he was honest, he hadn't treated Moxxie as a best friend since they started working together. He had humiliated him, used him, and made fun of him for everything because he honestly was jealous of what Moxxie had. He had a loving wife, an optimistic personality, and he was smart. Smarter than Blitzo, at least. And yet he respected him, risked his life for the little imp, and never doubted for a second his ability to get the job done because he was that good at being an assassin. Satan, I am so fucked up in my priorities...

Slowly lifting himself up, Blitzo slowly rested his head upon his pillow while Moxxie got him a cold drink of water. His throat was as dry as a desert, and he drank the cup greedily before coughing up a few times. "What...happened?"

"You don't remember, sir?" Moxxie asked, looking unsure.

"Just something you and Millie announced, and then the next moment, I found myself heading headfirst towards a car," Blitzo admitted as he held his head with a hand. A lot of it was blurry.

"...you had an...episode, Blitz."

"You mean I fucking lost it again?" Blitzo muttered, shaking his head. He saw the hesitation on Moxxie's face and sighed. "What was it? Just tell me. I mean, I'm not exactly in a position to go crazy again, and you're fast enough to stop me."

Moxxie was quiet for a bit before finally answering, "We're having a baby."

"...Really?" Blitzo asked as his eyes widened. It then hit him why he reacted to what he did, and his mind turned to a particular demon deep in his heart that he had never forgiven himself for killing. Closing his eyes, he felt his eyes get misty before Blitzo let out a few tears as Moxxie reached for his hand and squeezed it. "I...What did I...say?"