Demons Meet Angel

AN: I've been waiting to write this one for a long time. My OC angel, Rachmiel, finally meets the main cast of Helluva Boss. Let me know your thoughts

Please also help out at the Salvation Series TV Tropes page for both Saving Blitzo and Healing Blitzo: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FanFic/SavingBlitzo

Today was the day.

Even if some didn't show it, everyone in the Goetia Palace was nervous. Because for the first time in the entire history of their lives, they were going to meet an angel that wasn't going to kill them. Every demon grew up on the stories of angels about how scary and dangerous they were because of their tremendous power and their hold on demonic lives every year with the Exterminations. Practically every demon in Hell had lost one or more friends, family, or neighbors to the Exterminations that had claimed the lives of many devils to the point that only losing a five hundred thousand was considered a good year. The longest on record was three million during the Extermination of 1963.

And now, one of those killers was going to live among them.

He wasn't an Exterminator Angel, but that didn't mean anything to the demons living in the palace. An angel was an angel. Still, the staff did their best to make everything clean and comfortable for their guests, with Reginald making sure that everything was up to perfection. Even if he looked as calm and collected as always, one could see the small sweatbands dripping down on his neck. Octavia had been given complete control of the guards, equipped with the most powerful weapons and armor in their arsenal. The shadow guards were all hiding in place, preparing to make any move should the angel do something dangerous. Prince Stolas was willing to give Rachmiel a chance, but he wouldn't let his guard down.

Perhaps the most nervous were those from I.M.P. After all, this was the Spirit Healer who would have Blitzo's life in his hands and crawl around in his soul to cure him of the Nightmare Parasite's infestation. Blitzo looked ready to crap himself and run away simultaneously, but Loona was always there by his side, prepared to comfort him if need be. Millie had brought all her favorite weapons with her despite the protests that she shouldn't be here because of her pregnancy. She told them that she wouldn't hide away like a pussy when her family could be in danger. Mille would never be able to look at herself in the mirror again if she did that. The only one who had been silent and calm about the whole thing was Moxxie, who looked more distracted than anything. Then again, considering he had found out his long-lost brother was alive, it wasn't hard to imagine he was coming to terms with it. They sat in the living room, waiting for the angel to arrive in an hour or so. Stolas had already left to get him from Purgatory, and all that was left to do was wait.

"Seriously, Moxxie, I'm glad you found your brother," Blitzo said as he put down his cup of coffee and smiled warmly at the wincing imp. He couldn't help but feel jealous that his employee had lucked out again. If one of his sisters turned out to be alive? He didn't know how he would feel, but he would be happier. Much happier.

But they're not. You saw their fates and could do nothing to stop them from suffering.

Blitzo pushed the thoughts aside as best as he could while gripping his fist so hard he nearly drew blood. He instead focused on the nervously smiling Moxxie and asked, "Is he good at killing like you are? If so, we can offer him a...well, a temp job at I.M.P. since we're closing in a few months."

"He's good at explosives..." Moxxie admitted before shaking his head. "But he's the kind of guy who likes to work alone."

"Oh, one of those types," Loona said, eating a small biscuit from the coffee table. "How exactly did all the rest of your siblings die?"

"Loona!" Millie hissed at the direct comment.

"...I don't want to talk about it," Moxxie muttered as he turned away and sighed. "It's...it's hard to talk about."