Six Months, No Change

The sound of her phone ringing at three in the morning was enough to make Loona nearly bash it against the wall. She was already hungover from her midnight drinking after a long workday at I.M.P., and sleep was hard enough to get as it was these days. Fuck it had been hard to get these past few months. Even though she was now living in Prince Stolas's mansion, instead of the crappy apartment she and Blitzo owned, the smooth and pristine beds did little to comfort her during the nights.

Groaning, Loona grabbed her phone from under her used panties on the floor. "Whoever the fuck this is," she yawned, "you better have a good reason for calling me, or else I'm going to find where you live and rip out your spine."

"Ms. Loona? This is Doctor Plaquius of St. Judas General Hospital."

Instantly, Loona's headache was replaced with alertness as she stood up on her bed with fear gripping her heart. "Is it my dad?! Is he okay?!"

"I'm afraid he's had another nightmare. Not as bad as some of his other...episodes, but this one was pretty bad. He kept screaming and woke up nearly all the patients on this floor. My nurses were hurt trying to get him to wake him up. We're trying to calm him down, but he refuses to leave the corner and is asking for you. If you could get here as quickly as possible..."

"I'll be there! Just tell him I'm on my way!" Loona said before hanging up the call. She cursed as she took some of her dirty clothes and started putting them on. She didn't give a damn if they were used or not. She could take a shower in the morning before work. "Goddamnit, Dad..."

Six fucking months since her father was kidnapped, tortured, raped, mind raped, and nearly died from the actions of a bunch of nobles who wanted Prince Stolas's book to destroy half of Hell's population. Six months trying to heal her father, who was broken in every possible way from physical to mental to emotional. Six months since her family life was forever scarred, and there was little that could be done to fix it.

Loona knew it was going to be hard to help her father. Even with all the effort of Moxxie, Millie, Octavia, Stolas, and others by her side, the hellhound knew it wasn't going to be easy. However, more and more, it seemed like a hopeless state for Blitzo as he kept having more nightmares, more cutting days, and even outright sobbing fits that sometimes led to a psychotic rage. Stolas had explained just how dangerous and effective a Nightmare Parasite was in breaking down the victim to the point where all they craved was death, but she was still not enough to prepare her for the hardship it would bring. The only upside in all this was that Blitzo hadn't tried to take his own life yet.

The keyword being "yet."

Once she was clothed, Loona rushed out of her room and made her way down the grand hallway. She cursed rich people having such big fucking homes before she finally arrived at Prince Stolas's Master Bedroom and slammed on it rapidly. A few minutes later, the yawning bird prince opened the door while dressed in his royal red night robes. "Uhhh, Loona? Do you know how late-"

"It's Dad," Loona said, which immediately perked Stolas up. "He had another nightmare and is requesting me. I need you to teleport me there."

Stolas blinked his eyes a few times before his expression turned serious. "Of course, right away."

The prince let her inside before summoning up a portal to the hospital. It almost was like a routine for them on a near-weekly basis. Ignoring the times that she, Stolas, and the others went over to see Blitzo in his recovery, he had at least three breakdowns a week. Sometimes it was just nightmares, and other times he had flashbacks to what he suffered from either in the cells or in those lucid nightmares the parasite had placed him under. And each time it happened, it just seemed to get worse and worse.