17- digging up the secrets

⚠️there's smut later in Izzy's Pov and Tom is going to find a scenery that may be triggering to some⚠️

also Izzy has one of those tennis pleated skirts on that can be clipped off

~~~~~Tom's Pov
I took a look back at the hall, it was clearly out of use.
No one has come here for years, decades maybe.
It was the top floor, sixth maybe, there were thick bars on the windows to ensure 'safety'.
I took out my wand and turned to the heavy door to Izzy's old room.

"Alohomora" I whispered quietly.
The door was now slightly ajar, i had to put more pressure than i thought was needed to open it further.
It didn't even need to be locked, the weight of the door itself assured no child could open it.

Moonlight came through the cracked window across the room, making it look more terrifying than it already was.
"Lumos" I froze for a second at the sight before me.
Two beds each on one side of the room being the only normal aspect of it.

One of the gray walls was smashed, as if a grenade exploded here.
Glass shattered across the floor.
The wall near one of the beds was scratched with nails, it must've been painful, remains of blood were still inside the deep markings.
Some of them looked like bear claws and others were numbers.

3 12 1 16 28    14 22 26 22

3 12 1 16 28     14 22 26 22

No wonder why she didn't want to talk about this place.
Something shiny caught my eye, i went over to the bed in the less damaged side of the room, with no scrapes on the walls.
Something stuck out from underneath the pillow.
I reached my hand for it and examined it carefully.
It was a shiny ring, a bird, it's wings were curved to wrap around a finger.
It was made of silver? white gold maybe?
They must have really feared her if they left something something like this untouched.

I hid it deep inside my pocket and went back into the hall, to look for a room with personal files.
There must be a place where they keep all the records.
But the building is too big and i don't have to look through a couple hundred rooms.
Since everyone was asleep i decided to take my chances with a tracking spell.
"Locatus" A string of red light appeared on the floor from right before me to the stairs.

I followed it, two stories down, to the last room in the hall.
I went inside and turned on a small lamp that was on a desk there.
There were dozens of boxes filled with files, each with random names of children.
I couldn't understand the labels so i took the easy road using magic once again.
"Accio Izabelle Volliov's box"
One of them flew into my hands.
It was covered in a thick coat of dust, clearly not used..ever.

I searched through the many files and pulled out the one with her name.
I was confused why it was in brackets, unlike any other: Izabelle "Volliov".

I could feel the adrenaline pumping through my veins, i was so close to success.
I opened the file and a wave of disappointment washed over me.
It was empty.

This brought up another question.
Why would someone try to hide it so bad?

I heard footsteps coming from the begging of the long hall.
"Halo? Kto tam jest?" A woman's unpleasant voice called.
As i was putting the file back i noticed another one with the same last name, in brackets as well.
"Nikolai "Volliov""
That must be to whom the other bed belonged.
It was also empty, giving me no clues only more frustration.

I could hear the quick clicking of heels becoming louder.
I frantically put everything back to it's place before aparating to the library at Hogwarts to try and figure out the meaning behind the numbers scraped on the wall in Izzy's old room.