Chapter 12

Ari and I got the boat in the water, climbing in as the rest of the team joined us, Rachel and I sat in the middle, Sammy, Ari, Jake, and Max sitting on the inflated sides. "We need the darkest night of the month to pull this off." Ari explained, resting his hands on my shoulders, while I leaned back against his knees. "When is that?" Jake asked, while I looked at Rachel who nodded. "Friday in two weeks." Rachel explained, her back pressed to Sammy's knees. "Then that's the day we do it." Ari nodded, looking down at me while I played with the bathing suit top.

"We should do a dry run." Sammy said, looking down at me, a silent plea to get me to agree. "People are dying Sammy, we don't have time." Ari argued, Rachel and I sharing a look. "We should do a dry run to get familiar with the area." I added, hearing Ari's scoff, before Rachel perks up. "You guys don't have the time, but Addi and I do." Rachel bargained, a smile gracing my lips when I looked up at Ari. "Okay, you guys do the dry run, tonight, give us a layout of the land. Max and Jake, you lay in the back of the trucks to make sure they don't get shot." Ari stated, while the two men nodded, looking at Rachel and I.

"Ari?" Sammy raised his eyebrow at the mention of possibly being shot, watching as the four of us stood, my legs between his as he rested his hands on my hips. "Take the gun, just in case." Ari whispered, watching me nod before leaning down and pressing a soft kiss to his lips. "I will, I promise." I replied, his head pressing into my chest while I ran my fingers through his hair. "I love you cupcake." He whispered, causing me to smile brightly. "I love you more." I whispered, stepping back turning towards Rachel who stuck her hand out for me. "See ya later boys." Rachel laughed, taking my hand as we dropped into the water, swimming back to the hotel. The hot sand burning our feet as we quickly ran across, being greeted by the staff with towels. "Thank you." We both smiled, wrapping the towels around ourselves and walking into the privacy of the building.

"Ethan's going to kill us if he finds out." Rachel sighed, while I shrugged. "He's not here, and if we play by the rules we're never going to be able to complete a mission. We're not just pretty girls, we're trained assassins." I shrugged, looking over my shoulder to make sure no one was listening in. "If I lose this job I have nothing." She whispered, dropping her head. "We're not technically breaking the rules, we have Jake and Max with us." I shrugged, turning my attention back to Rachel who had a small smile on her lips. "I guess what Ethan doesn't know won't hurt him." She shrugged, departing from me to her room to get changed. I smiled, watching her door shut before I walked out to mine and Ari's private bungalow, looking over at the men pulling there floating raft out of the water, laughs echoing down the empty beach. Ari looked over at me, sending me a loving smile before returning to his work, while I walked in, shutting the door behind me.

As night approached, Rachel and the rest of our team was getting the trucks ready, placing radios in the trucks and attaching the wires to the battery. I pulled Ari's red flannel tightly around me as he stepped up, leaning down to press a soft kiss to my lips. "Gun?" He asked quietly, watching as I nodded towards Rachel, her hand pulling the glovebox down to show the 9 millimeter sitting there. "Be safe. Jake, Max not a scratch on these ladies, do you understand?" Ari spoke, lifting me up into the drivers seat. "Yes Ari." Max stated, laying down in the bed of the truck next to Jake. "Well be fine Ari." I smiled, pulling the door shut, before looking over at Rachel. "It's go time." She smiled, flipping the lights off and testing the radio. "Sammy can you hear us?" Rachel asked as I shoved the keys in the ignition, the engine roaring to life. "Loud and clear."

I pulled away from the security of the hotel, heading down the dark path while my eyes scanned around the road. "There looks to be a base 5 miles to the east." Rachel spoke quietly, while I pulled the partition open so I could talk to the two men. "Jake, Max take note of that base. I'm not sure what it is but I don't want to approach while we're alone." I stated, hearing a pen click and scribbles on the paper. "The rocks we need to go to is 10 miles south west, Ari said Kabede is going to meet us there to talk." Jake said while I nodded, pulling the partition closed, keeping my pace as I went down the road.

Sammy and Ari sat in our room, hunched over the radio to get notice of anything. "I shouldn't of let them go, we should've gone." Ari mumbled, running his hand through his hair before down his beard. "Relax Ari, it's going to be fine." Sammy soothed, before looking over at the pacing man. "Why didn't you tell me to not let them go? We should've gone." Ari stated quickly, his stomach in knots when there was no radio transmissions. "Ari, I tried, you didn't listen, they'll be fine, you know that." Sammy explained, leaning back on the bed. "They haven't sent any transmissions through, how do we know they're okay?" Ari asked, sitting down on the bed. On cue, Rachel's voice came though. "We've arrived at the destination. Will relay on our way back." She spoke, setting the radio down. Both Sammy and Ari let out a deep breath. "Oh thank god." Ari whispered.

The four of us climbed out of the truck, leaning against the warm hood. "Is Kabede usually not on time?" Max asked, looking over at me. "Give him time, he's got to be careful." I shrugged, looking up at the rocks when I heard a whistle, the tune I had given him to announce his arrival all those years ago. I returned the whistle, stepping away from the truck as Kabede appeared. "Addi." He whispered, quickly climbing down the rocks to hug me tightly. "I don't have much time, tell me you have a plan." Kabede whispered, pulling back to look at me. "Here in two weeks. It's the darkest night of the year. Ari and Sammy will be driving one truck, Jake and Max will be driving another." I explained, stepping aside to show Max and Jake. "How many can you take?" Kabede asked. "145." Jake replied, seeing Kabede smile brightly. "See you in two weeks." Kabede smiled, disappearing into the night.

"Yacht 1 to base, we're heading back." Rachel signaled through the radio, before I climbed in, starting the drive back.