Chapter 27

Ari had returned with the men back to the resort, hunting me down. "Cupcake, a word?" He asked, smiling at the staff before I excused myself, walking over to him and pressing a gentle kiss to his lips. "What's up baby?" I asked, wrapping my arms around his neck, his hands finding their home on my waist. "I need you to come with me to the Embassy." He murmured, leaning down to press another kiss to my lips. "The American embassy? Why?" I asked, leaning back when he tried to kiss me again. "We're gonna ask Walton for help." He spoke gently, moving some hair out of my face while I sighed, pressing one more kiss to his lips. "Let's go." I whispered, taking his hand as he lead me out of the resort.

An hour later we were at the embassy, following Walton into his office silently, my hand locked tightly in Ari's while he kept me close. When the door shut, Walton smiled at the both of us, nodding towards the two chairs in front of his desk. "So, what do you need to tell me?" Walton asked, sitting down in his chair looking at Ari and I. "I think you already know." Ari replied, seeing Walton smirk. "Yeah, but I want to hear it from you." He replied, crossing his arms. "Our names are Addison Ashley and Ari Levinson. We're not archeologist, we're agents for the government spy agency of Israel called the Mossad." I stated, seeing Ari nod. "Our mission is to rescue Ethiopian Jews from the genocide happening here, but we recently lost our support-" Ari explained, being cut off by the red phone ringing, Walton going to answer it. "Wait!" Ari quickly spoke, reaching over to cover the phone, seeing Walton freeze. "That call is probably going to tell you we're a threat, but we're not and whatever you do right now can be your legacy." Ari spoke quietly, before pulling his hands away. Walton stopped reaching for the phone, watching it ring before he looked over at us. "How can we help?" He asked, linking his fingers together against his chest. "You mentioned a plane." I smiled, seeing him nod. "We can get it out tonight, who should we call?" Walton asked, looking between the two of us. "Just the airport, tell them we have a large plane coming in." I stated, seeing him smile before shaking my hand along with Ari's. "We'll see you tonight."

That night

We had loaded up a bus and three trucks with the remaining of the refugees we had at the camps, locking up the resort for the last time. "It's sad leaving it, isn't it?" I asked, taking Ari's hand while we loaded up on the bus, me in the drivers seat while Ari sat on the box beside me, nodding. "Yeah, it really is." He sighed, holding onto the side of the box when the bus roared to life, jolting forward as I started driving to the abandoned airstrip. "We'll be back if this works out." I smiled, seeing him look over at me, leaning over to kiss my head. "Yeah, maybe we should get married here." He smiled, while I laughed. "We'll see Levinson."

We arrived at the airstrip, rushing out to start the preparations to get the plane to land safely. Max was up in the air control box, flipping on lights, Sammy and Ari were breaking glow sticks to form a runway, while Rachel, Jake and myself unloaded the vehicles. "I hate to tell you guys, but there's a tree in the middle of the runway!" Sammy yelled while Ari sighed. "I'm sure it'll be fine." Ari shrugged while Sammy laughed. "Oh to have your optimism." He mumbled, seeing Ari smile. "Guys!" Max yelled over the radio, my hand on Kabede's back to keep him upright, my free hand reaching into my pocket to pull the radio free. "Yeah max?"

"We have company, 12 kilometers and the distance is getting smaller." He spoke while I looked over at Rachel. "Ari, call the shots what do we do?" I asked, seeing him sigh. "Wait." He replied, all of us feeling the anxiety in the air, while Kabede looked at me. "Maybe we should get back on the buses?" He asked while I shook my head, the rumble of a plane above us, flipping the lights on as it started to land. "No can do buddy, let's get you guys to Jerusalem." I smiled, leading the group to the plane, standing in the back with Rachel as they started to load on, filling the plane quickly. When the marine stopped them, saying the plane was at capacity, him, Sammy and Ari all started arguing, while Max, Walton and Jake started to make room.

"Keep loading in." I yelled, seeing Sammy look at me shaking his head, my hand in my pocket for the keys. "You promised." I mouthed, seeing him drop his head as he lead Ari into the plane, Rachel looking at me. "Where's my fiancé?" Ari asked, looking at Sammy while the plane started up. "What are you doing?" She asked, stopping her own ascent onto the plane. "Buying you guys some more time." I smiled, heading towards the jeep. "Not without me." Rachel spoke, jumping off the ramp before rushing with me to the jeep. "Cupcake!" Ari screamed, as the plane started to rise, rushing towards the ramp while he watched the jeep roar to life, the headlights turning on as I started chasing down the plane, Rachel standing up to shoot tires out.

"Ari get to the front, we'll make sure they board." Jake stated, while Max nodded, rushing to the ramp that was still lowered for us. "You better make sure they get on this plane or I will never forgive you guys," Ari muttered, walking through the masses of people heading for the cockpit, fighting the urge to cry. "She'll make it Ari, she's crazy." Sammy smiled, seeing Ari smile slightly. "I hope you guys' are right."

I shifted gears, pressing the gas pedal all the way down as the car started to approach the plane quickly. "Do you know what you're doing?" Rachel asked, sitting down as the cars started to crash, holding onto the bars of the exposed roof while the car approached 140 mph. "No, but I'm assuming if we time this right, we'll be able to board." I yelled over the win, reaching around to put something on the gas pedal, looking over at her. "Get up now!" I yelled, pulling myself onto the roof through the small opening, reaching down for her before we both jumped, the plane barely above the car when Max and Jake wrapped their hands around our wrists, pulling us in and shutting the cargo door. "You guys are fucking insane." Max laughed, while we leaned against the side, closing our eyes.

Ari smiled as the plane took off, looking over at Sammy while they both laughed, clapping. "We did it. Now let's go make sure our girlfriends are on this plane." Sammy smiled, climbing down into the cargo area, Ari right behind him, scanning the area for the familiar faces. "There." Ari whispered, stepping around people before sliding down next to me, pulling me into his side, my head immediately finding it's home in the crevice of his neck. "Don't do that crazy shit again." He murmured, pressing a kiss to my head while I giggled. "I won't, I promise." I whispered, taking his hand as we both fell asleep.

We were, the Red Sea Diving Resort Lovers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Thank you so much for being patient with me while I wrote this story! I plan on making a continuation of this soon!