Chapter 5

The Next Morning

"Rachel's plane takes off from New York tomorrow at 7 am." Ari explained as I packed up a small bag, looking over my shoulder at him. "Ari, I'll be fine, Rachel and I are friends." I smiled, standing up, crossing the room so I was standing right in front of him, wrapping my arms around his neck. He sighed gently, ducking his head down to hide in my neck, peppering small kisses up the side of it. "I know you will be, I'm just being an overprotective boyfriend." Ari chuckled against my skin, nipping at the spot on my neck that makes me weak in the knees. "Ari." I whispered, a short breath being punched from my lungs at his actions. "I love you so much cupcake." He whispered, pressing a soft kiss to the stinging skin from his bite. "I love you too, now I gotta get going." I whispered, tangling my fingers in his long brown locks, pulling his head out of my neck. "To the airport we go." He smiled, handing me my passport and bag.

I took both, sliding the bag over my shoulder, walking towards the door. "Alright question time, you might be rusty." Ari smiled, walking down the stairs to the car with me while I rolled my eyes. "Go." I teased, sliding into the passenger seat as he climbed into the drivers, starting the engine. "Name?" He asked, shoving the gearshift into reverse, one hand going to the headrest on my side as he looked behind to back out. "Thomas, Aly." I replied, leaning back into the seat, watching through the rearview at what he was doing. "Hometown?" He asked, pulling out into the road before pushing the car into drive. "Jerusalem." I replied, watching the road as he started driving. "Married?" He asked further, turning to look at me briefly as I smiled, looking over at him. "2 years, Guy Thomas."

He smiled, focusing on the road before taking my hand in his, squeezing gently. "One day we won't have to hide behind fake identities, and we can be married as Addison and Ari." He smiled, locking his fingers with mine, chuckling as I raised his hand to my lips, pressing a gently kiss to the skin. "Until then we're married in a fake life." I smiled, kicking my feet up on the dash. "We got married in Greece on the water." He laughed, causing me to laugh with him. "Very romantic, spent a week in the nicest hotels, ate the most elegant food." I added, hearing his laugh rumble deep from his chest. "Well Mrs. Thomas, I could only get the best for the love of my life. The next week we were off in the desert of Ethiopia, bringing people over to refugee camps." Ari smiled, leaning back with one hand on the wheel.

"The only part of that story that is true." I smiled, rolling my head over to the left to look at him. "One day we won't have to do this, we can live a normal life." He sighed, squeezing my hand in assurance before pulling up to the airport drop off. "No we won't, we love the adventure too much, and Mossad always seems to have missions for us." I teased, leaning over to press a kiss to his lips. "I'll see you and Rachel tomorrow night." He smiled against my lips, pressing a kiss to them one more time before I climbed out, slinging the bag over my shoulder. "Love you!" I called, stepping into the airport to start my journey to Rachel. One 15 hour flight later, I had landed in New York and made it through customs, heading towards my gate to wait for the flight back to Jerusalem.

We boarded the flight, I was sitting alone in a row when Rachel passed me, pausing to look at me. "Addi?" She whispered as I shook my head, holding a finger to my lips. "Aly." She corrected, slipping into the seat next to me as I smiled at her. "What the hell are you doing here?" She asked, looking over her shoulder at a man who had a briefcase, I followed her eye line, stopping on the man. "A mission, what do you need me to do?" I asked, leaning forward so we could talk in hushed voices. "You know how to fly a plane right?" She asked, watching me nod. "Take down the pilots, bring them out and stick them in the corner, I'll get the briefcase, they're trying to land this plane in Greece, theres a lump sum of money that doesn't belong to them in that briefcase." She whispered as I nodded. "On it."

We both slipped out of the row, Rachel heading towards the back of the plane while I walked to the front. I pushed the door open to the cockpit, smiling at the two pilots who were frozen when they saw who I was. "Sir, that's Addi, top spy." The copilot spoke, quickly standing up as I lifted my elbow, digging it into his nose and dropping him to the floor, lifting my right foot and knocking him out with a solid kick to the temple. "So, we can do this the easy way, or you can join your friend." I smiled at the pilot, watching him scramble up, moving aside to sit next to his knocked out friend while I took control of the plane.

Rachel walked in with the briefcase, swinging it towards the pilot and knocking him out before sitting next to me in the copilots seat. "So, this mission what's it about?" She asked, leaning back after putting the headset on. "Sudan, we need to finish the operation. Undercover as Americans opening up a tourist destination. Using the cover of night to get Ethiopian Jews to safety. You in?" I asked, looking over at her. "Who's all going?" She asked, pulling the mic down making sure it was still muted. "Ari, Jake, Max, Me, Sammy, and you if you're in." I replied, flipping a switch to put the plane in autopilot. "Oh I'm in."