EPILOGUE

SHERICKHA'S P.O.V.

A perfect love tale is imaginable. It has the power to heal our hearts and souls with mesmerizing melodies. It has the ability to take us to a breathtaking setting that will surely draw our attention. It has the influence to make us experience something quite remarkable that it will create an everlasting effect on our psyches. And perhaps it might be the beginning of a lovely finale or the torment of a living nightmare which will follow us for the long haul.

My lips again arched into a cheesy grin as I reminisced how sweet it was that our connection pretty much started with a deep love which drove our hearts to dance in synch. Our eyes glistened with love for each other, assuring us that love was just something beyond lovely to be missed. And while we held hands underneath the downpour of frigid snowdrops, the brightest stars, the moonlight, and even the somber skies all shone brightly at the very same pace. But there weren't enough ways to express of how pretty magical that evening was. and indeed, I felt happy and proud that, perhaps, for the first stage in life, I have witnessed a love which flared at the best possible time with the ideal person throughout the perfect setting.

But afterwards, I realized that love  was not at all quite enchanted and do not really end smoothly as it had been usually portrayed in fairytales. It didn't have a beautiful finale nor finished flawlessly as how it was shown in films and plays.

I got hoodwinked.

Love is just as devastating as how wonderful it is.

Perhaps love was just not meant solely for both of us. Or it may have been, but never for extended periods of time. Like something of a candle melted by a flame, the love which had ignited here between us eventually lost its spark and dwindled away.

Perhaps the story that was planned for us wasn't destined to end in such a romantic setting. It may not have been meant to end sweetly if it had been turned into a film either. Then, I guess, a love that blossomed so beautifully now has brought to a sorrowful final chapter.

And while we gently let go of one another's hands, tears streamed across our faces and a bitter smiles formed over our lips—till we get to meet again, free from both of sorrows and sparkles of love.

‡ ‡ ‡ ‡ ‡ ‡ ‡ ‡ ‡ ‡ ‡

Few years later.

Sunflower in the field of Roses
By: Sherickha Ivette Madriaga

I used to think that being in love with those men had been the happiest part of my existence and that it kept me whole. But upon leaving such relationships behind, I felt that I've never been just as whole as I am today.

When I found him, the first man I loved, I was fully self-sufficient. Yet I lent my heart with him since I wanted to believe that our love and trust has been too strong and powerful. All was perfect and stunningly beautiful upon first. I'm happy and satisfied, as is he. We had a great deal of fun along our adventure. Unfortunately, we were dazed heading back. Wait no, he chose it himself, alone. He took a left turn leaving me marooned in the middle of a road, puzzled and crying for help.

I then claimed that the following years, because I found someone else, everything would have been better. My crumbling heart was then healed and surrounded with unbridled joy. He picked me up from my miserable life and freed me from the brink of hopelessness. I was really in love with him and that I laid my fate and heart in his possession again, yet he, the same as the first guy who threw my heart, chose a different road and left me hanging.