1. Caspian's escape

"Please, what about our daughter? She will never survive, she's only 9."

"You should have thought about that before you tried to overthrow me!" Miraz' voice boomed through the room as he was displaying my parents to the rest of the council.

"I'm telling you, My Lord, we would never do such a thing." My father begged on his knees in front of the cruel Lord.

"Silence! I have proof of your foolishness, and here it is." Miraz said while pulling up something from his pocket. It was a piece of parchment. "I shall now read this aloud one more time." He said sternly before reading the note.

"After the death of Caspian the 9th, our suspicions were correct. His brother, Miraz did take his place though he swears that it's temporary. This is not working anymore, we must meet again."

"Now who were you going to give this to?!"

"Chloe!" Chloe shot up from her small bed, that she had now been given, due to the fact that she was officially a guard.

Caspian stood with his head hovering over his best friend, his arms around her shoulders, clearly in an attempt to wake up the girl.

"Caspian? What's going on? Why are you here?" She grunted out between yawns. Getting a better look at Caspian's face and the way he was visibly shaking, Chloe knew it was urgent.

"My aunt, she just gave birth. To a son." He said rapidly.

Chloe immediately understood what this meant for Caspian, and quickly stood up to hug him. He was going to get murdered by Miraz' men if he didn't leave soon.

"I only came to say goodbye." He whispered into her hair. He pulled away before kissing her forehead, tears threatening to spill from his eyes as well as Chloe's.

"Now go back to sleep and don't you dare go anywhere or try anything, ok?" Chloe nodded at his request, knowing it would be no good if both of them potentially got hurt.

"Be careful, Caspian. You're headed for the woods right?" She asked, receiving a nod from him.

As he was headed for the door, Caspian stopped in his tracks, and hesitatingly turned around. His face was red and in the moonlight his streaming tears were visible.

"If- if I don't see you again, Chloe.." he started, but was quickly interrupted.

"Shhh, you will. I know it." The girl smiled, going forward to give Caspian the Tenth one last hug before he left for what was going to be a very long time.

"Now go!" Chloe urged him with a choked voice as warm fresh tears spilled down her face.

The girl held back a sob as the last thing she saw of her best friend was his back, moving further and further away.

*

As if Chloe had trouble sleeping before Caspian came to say goodbye, it was nothing compared to the aftermath. All night long she had the same dream of some people she had never seen before, dressed in weird clothes in a place she didn't recognize.

"It's like magic." Some brunette girl said.

"Quick everyone, hold hands!" What seemed to be a younger version of the girl said.

"I'm not holding your hand!" A boy with dark hair shouted, but another boy grabbed his hand anyway.

These four people were standing at some platform in front of a bench, as the world around them seemed to be changing.

The walls were being ripped apart, and the bench was wiped away as if some invisible force was transforming the whole place.

Suddenly the group of four stood in a cave, looking out towards an ocean, before running off into it.

They all splashed each other and swam around.

Chloe woke up with a jolt. The dream always ended here, and she woke up, as if it had been a nightmare.

~~~

Yay

Very short starter chapter, kinda excited to write more.

please vote if you liked this chapter<3