2. "Narnians?" "Telmarines?"

After the fifth or sixth time Chloe woke up, she decided against going to sleep again.

Instead, she dressed herself in very lazy clothes and decided upon taking a quick jog around the lake where she and caspian used to secretly meet up.

When Chloe reached the oh so familiar spot, she slowed down before stopping completely. She had her eyes fixed on a large fallen tree, where she remembered they would sit and chat there if they needed a break.

Walking closer, Chloe took her hand out and brushed it against the tree.

When she was here with Caspian, the forest looked beautiful. It was full of colour and low chittering from the birds around could always be heard.

But this time there was something different to the forest. To any other person, the landscape would see and feel more alive and vibrant.

But to Chloe, who only had her thoughts on whether her best friend was alive or not, the forest seemed colder and less enjoyable.

*

When Chloe got back to the castle and was called by Lord Miraz and his general (Glozelle), she expected him to give her a heads up that Miraz' "precious nephew" had gone missing as if they themselves didn't chase him out of the castle.

Just in case she had to go on the run, for being suspected to help Cas out, she had packed a small bag of light but warm clothes and other necessities.

But to her surprise, there was another important matter that needed to be dealt with immediately.

Walking towards where General Glozelle had led her and another guard, she saw what looked like a small body, wrapped in blankets and covers.

"You are to dump this beast someplace in the lake, a bit away from the castle, all right?" The general instructed.

Changing questioning glances with the other guard, Chloe decided to ask the question they both had wanted the answer of.

"Uhm.. General?" She asked. At the nod of his head, Chloe continued. "What exactly is that in the blankets?"

Without a word from Glozelle, he strode over to the pile of blankets fastened his fist around one end, and tugged harshly.

Chloe couldn't believe her eyes. She was right about the part with small body.

There, half covered in blankets laid a dwarf. As far as the girl knew, dwarfs were Narnian creatures, but they went extinct centuries ago. Right?

After getting the dwarf and themselves into the boat, and getting it far enough out to start rowing, Chloe started thinking of the fate of the narnian. They just rediscovered narnians, and now they were supposed to drown him?

"Can't wait to get this foul thing off the boat." The other guard suddenly voiced, motioning to the dwarf laying kidnapped in the boat.

Chloe was a bit taken aback. He was not foul and he was not a thing. This poor guy probably has his own family, and here we are, planning to drown him? That didn't seem right.

"All right. Here's far enough." The guard stopped rowing and tried to stand upright in the small boat without flipping it over.

Right as he was about to pick it the dwarf's legs, an arrow shot into the side of the boat.

"Don't even think about it!" A stern voice yelled to him from the beach.

Chloe immediately turned her head to look, and a brunette, tall girl stood there with a bow and arrow. She then saw an awfully familiar face.

A tall, blonde boy became visible moments after the brunette had fired the arrow. Chloe just couldn't put her finger on where she had seen the boy before.

She felt as though she could trust these people.

Knowing the other guard in the boat had his priorities in trying to escape, Chloe quickly grabbed a dagger that was strapped to her thigh and sliced his throat in a swift motion before pushing his body into the lake.

She then bent down and cut the dwarf free.

"Hang on, I'll row us in to shore!" She shouted to the four people on the beach.

When finally the boat reached the shallow sand, Chloe was about to introduce herself when a voice cut her off.

"Were you going to drown him?" The blonde boy said, clearly annoyed with her.

"What? No, I wasn't going to do that, I was planning on setting him free." She defended herself.

"Set him free? Into the water then?" He kept pushing.

"Peter, that's enough" Said another male voice from behind him. He stepped forward and reached out his hand.

"I'm Edmund, this is my brother Peter, and our sisters, Lucy and Susan." He said motioning to each of them.

Chloe felt a really strange feeling in her stomach. She recognized those names from somewhere. But where?

Edmund was a bit shorter than his brother, Peter. He had dark nearly black hair, and a mischievous yet kind smile.

"What's your name?" Lucy's soft voice spoke to Chloe

"My name is Chloe, it's very nice to meet you all." She answered looking kindly at the siblings, but glaring a bit at the oldest who stared back.

"She's a Telmarine"

The entire group turned around to the dwarf who had just got out of the boat.

"She's not all bad like the others though." He continued, sending a small smile to Chloe.

"Telmarines? In Narnia?" Edmund spoke, confused on the situation.

"Yeah, where have you been for the last few hundred years?" The dwarf asked with a chuckle. 

"It's a bit of a long story" Lucy said while smiling a bit to her siblings.

Chloe suddenly noticed the bow and arrows Susan was carrying, shifted her gaze to Peter's sword and when she finally saw Lucy's cordial and dagger, realization hit her.

~~~

Ok, I'm kinda excited