NINE

In the previous chapter, we read the first-ever interaction that happened between our lead characters in which there was something strange. Taehyung claimed that the man he slept with had different eye colors than Jeongguk. And much confusion arose after that. Despite this, Jeongguk declared to his siblings that he is ready to take Taehyung's responsibility, give him love and care.

___________________________

UNEASINESS
_______________

"You shouldn't come home tonight. Dad knows about the bar and he isn't pleased with it."

Taehyung is curled against Yoongi's chest like a baby as he is seated on his lap, sleeping peacefully while the car keeps going on the road.

Jeongguk's gaze over the road hardens along with his grip on the steering wheel which both his siblings notice almost immediately and share a concerned look.

"I don't care."

"Jeongguk, it's for the best. You know how complicated dad and your relationship has gotten over the years." Yoongi tries, keeping his tone as quiet as he can so the little one won't wake up.

Hyumi places her hand over his brother's, making the male stare at it for a second. Jeongguk bites down on his lips, glancing at his sister who pleads through her identical Bambi eyes.

A frustrated sigh leaves his mouth before he mutters a small, "Fine."

Yoongi smiles slightly and looks down at the carrier.

In 30 minutes they reach the castle. Hyumi steps out of the car first because she knows both her brothers may want to talk. Brother talks.

"Little brother."

Jeongguk turns his head outside, poking his inner cheek with his tongue, a sign of being annoyed which he is, so much and Yoongi is aware of it.

A deep and long sigh is audible in the silenced car. Taehyung snuggles his face into Yoongi's chest, gripping on the Dom vampire's hand tightly, scared of being alone even in his deep slumber.

"You trust your hyung, right?" Yoongi asks, breaking the pin-drop silence. Jeongguk taps his fingers on the steering wheel, not even glancing at his brother who's waiting patiently.

The crown prince does trust his hyung, there's no doubt but the thing is, he is scared. The situation he is in is pretty sensitive to handle carelessly. Moreover, his mate is involved in this.

He sighs out briefly, "Hyung...." He begins, averting his gaze on the rear mirror where his brother's reflection is seen. Yoongi smiles at it.

Jeongguk's eyes fall on his sleeping mate, his heart aches. "I do trust you, hyung... a lot. But this is something I don't know myself, neither do you. It is my problem. I don't remember anything, whatever happened between us but he does, even if it's just in pieces, his side of words proves it's not me but I believe it's me with whom he slept with. My mind is fogged with confusion, hyung. I don't know what to do.." He put his forehead on the steering wheel. Tired, he is so tired of thinking this again and again. The more he thinks things appear to be even more complicated.

And Yoongi feels so helpless how things got complicated over the night. "Then keep your trust in me, I'll do my best to solve all this." He promises.

Jeongguk doesn't react just closes his eyes, he wants to sleep.

"We may be half brothers, Ggukie but I love you a lot and I'm proud of you," Yoongi states his words to his brother and carefully steps out of the car, holding the Carrier dearly.