TWELVE

|UNFOLDING PAST|
☘☘☘

Jeongguk stands still on the cliff, glaring down aimlessly into the dark pit with the cool breeze caressing his body. He balled his fists, anger swirling in his eyes now, lips parting to reveal his sharp fangs.

A series of howls buzzes from the dark pit. His ears perk, low snarls fleeing past his lips. And just then about five black and brown colored wolves jump up on top of the cliff, encircling him and they growl lowly. They don't have scents, they don't belong to any pack, they are rogues.

Jeongguk smirks, showing his true eye color. They whimper, transforming into their human forms. They all have their one knee on the ground, heads down in submission.

The vampire prince hums, satisfied. "Have you all finished your tasks?"

One of them fishes out something from his back pocket and stands up, "Yes, your Highness. And this is what we found there." He shows the thing in his palm.

The red shine of the gem reflects in Jeongguk's eyes.

"Buried deep under the ground. Guardian fairies guarding it with their lives on their palms."

"I knew it." Jeongguk takes the gem in his hands, inspecting it carefully. "And what about the residents? Found any living being there?"

"Not even a single soul." The rogue answered.

Jeongguk frowns.

"But we found this alongside the gem." The rogue pulls out a pendant from his front pocket and hands it to the prince. Jeongguk's eyes sting, breath catching in his throat as he traces the curve of the pendant. The locket was designed in a lotus shape with a blue gem studded inside in the same structure. He feels how his heart punches against his ribcage at the sight of it and slowly his breath gets heavy.

"Your highness."

He gulps, holding himself back before humming for the rogue to keep talking.

"The dead body we depose as per your order has been found out by a group of police. The case is in Officer Park Jihoon's hands."

"Don't worry." Jeongguk lifts his hand, eyes still on the gem, "That damned witch isn't worthy of our concern. They won't know it's me who killed her."

The rogue nods, "Then permit us to leave, your Highness."

"Permitted." Jeongguk waves his hands, shortly the wolves transform into their real form and jump off the cliff one by one but one of the rogues glances over its shoulder.

'What is he exactly?' He thinks. Jeongguk turns his head at him and raises an eyebrow, gaze icy as ever which sends a shiver down the rogue's spine. The latter panics and swiftly follows his fellow mates.

☘☘☘

"Where is he?"

After getting informed of his middle son's health, the King left everything behind and flew over Seoul in his private jet. But when he went inside Jeongguk's room the latter wasn't in the room although he was surprised to see the condition of his known to be the cleanest child among his children's room.

Ailiseu is sitting on the sofa, palm on her forehead continuously rubbing it to soothe away the headache she is feeling right at the moment. "He was here just some hours ago." She says.

"Then with such critical health, where the fuck has he gone to now?" The King, Jeon Jaehyun's angry voice booms in the castle.

"Yoongi, send every royal guard in search of him," Jaehyun orders his eldest son who muses. "Yoongi?" The king looks at the prince, raising an eyebrow in a questioning way. "I said something to you, Min-Jeon Yoongi."