TWENTY

|KIM KINGDOM|
🌸🌸🌸

"Negative. It says that he was just badly down. The doctor prescribed some medicines that I have bought as well." Yoongi says, putting the report and paper bag on the coffee table. 

Jeongguk lets out a sigh of relief. He feels the burden in his heart lifting off and looks at Taehyung by his side. The carrier has been looking down, is he upset or relieved like him? Jeongguk wonders. 

"Tae…." He softly calls and watches the young carrier looking up at him. "Yes, Hyung?" Taehyung blinks. 

Jeongguk sighs and scoots closer, bringing his hand over Taehyung's, and gently engulfs it in a warm hold. "Are you okay?" He asks. 

Taehyung stares at him for a second and looks at Jimin and Yoongi. They smile, nod their head, and shortly leave the room. Taehyung looks back at the crowned Prince when the door closes. "I-I thought ahead of time. I was honestly thinking about a baby." 

A small frown appears on Jeongguk's face. Taehyung panics, stuttering out an explanation, "I-I mean I was just thinking. I know I should have not but it just kept on coming to me, what if there is a baby in me? I was moved thinking about it. But since I am not, it's a relief too but if I was—"

Jeongguk puts a hand on the back of Taehyung's head and pulls him against his chest, "It's okay. Calm down." He rubs his head. 

Taehyung leans in the embrace. "I'm sorry." He clutches Jeongguk's shirt, tears pooling in his eyes. Jeongguk smiles, "It's okay. Don't say sorry, baby. It's fine. As a carrier, you just got attached to the idea of having a baby. It happens so you don't need to say sorry." 

It makes the young vampire let out a sob. "I know it's not the right time yet I was thinking of the baby. And that moment, I felt like I have been wanting this. A baby. It felt as if I had been waiting for it for a long time. There was pain, longing." Taehyung pulls away, gazing up at Jeongguk with tears streaming down his face. "Hyung, is it okay to feel this way?" 

Jeongguk stays silent. Chan told him what had happened to Taehyung in the past life after his death. Tears cling to his eyes but he tries to smile it off. "It's o-okay." His voice wavers, bringing his hand to cup Taehyung's face. He tries to smile wider, "Whatever you feel, it's okay." 
"But—" Taehyung tries to say but Jeongguk puts a finger on his lips and shushes him, "There is no but, little one." He shakes his head, "Feeling just comes naturally. We don't force ourselves to feel right? It just happens. The way you are feeling is valid and I don't question it. After a time, you'll get past it." He wipes Taehyung's tears. 

"When you are at the right age, we can think of making a family. Okay?" Jeongguk presses a kiss on his forehead. 

Taehyung sniffles, nodding his head. 

"My good boy." Jeongguk kisses his forehead once more and smiles softly, masking away the grief that has been trying to reflect on his face because it can let Taehyung face the sorrowful events he hides within him. 

"Do you know?" Jeongguk says. Taehyung stares with a pout on his lips and tears flowing down his face. Jeongguk chuckles, wiping these tears off, "I talked to the school." 

Taehyung's teary eyes enlarge, "R-Really, Hyung?" 

"Yes. The school authority said you can get admission to the high school. Isn't it amazing?" Jeongguk smiles. Taehyung nods, a wide smile curling his lips but it drops in a second. 

"B-but how am I gonna keep up with high school? I don't know anything at all." Taehyung panics. Jeongguk cups his face, smiling, "Don't worry. Hyumi's best friend Hangun has a younger brother who has just gotten into high school. He will help you and I will also hire a tutor for you. But I wanna know if you would like to be homeschooled?"