THIRTEEN

|GIVE A CHANCE|
☘☘☘

Taehyung is sitting on the bed, knees up with his chin on them, staring at the lotus on the bed. He blinks after every two or three seconds, his gaze holding a strange tenderness for the flower or maybe the thought of who brought this is making him see a new sight of this unwanted bond. This gesture from Jeongguk surely makes him feel less scared of their situation. 

A smile curves his lips as the images of smiling Jeongguk flash in his mind. He can't deny the truth that his heart skipped a beat when Jeongguk smiled at him, he can't deny how his emotions went feral and for some seconds he wanted to get lost in that sun like a smile of Jeongguk. 

"Did you know Prince Jeongguk brought you for me? Can you believe it? I can't either!" Taehyung exclaims in a hushed tone. He places a hand over his chest and feels how just by the thought of Jeongguk his heart begins to flutter.  

He grabs the lotus and lies down, putting it next to the pillow he smiles cutely. He breathes out and closes his eyes. 

But suddenly a sharp pain shoots through the mating mark. He gasps, eyes shoot opening, and eyebrows furrowed as his hands hover over the mark with his face morphing into a pained one. "Ahhh!" He cries. 

He cries, cries, and cries for the pain to soothe down but nothing happens. Tears blur his vision but he sees a blurry scenery of someone's hand reaching for him. He cries more thinking someone is here to harm him but when the blurry vision comes clear, he sees the man's face. 

"Prince Jeongguk!" Taehyung gasps for air. "Prince!" He chants, reaching his hand for the prince but Jeongguk just smiles softly. 

The wind blows the curtains of the balcony, so hurried that it seems like the wind itself is rushing to help Taehyung. And alas, it does. It caresses the whimpering carrier on the bed and strangely soothes the pain away gradually as if fondling him in a warm comforter. 

"I'm here, my prince." 

The soothing voice reaches for his spooked heart. And he feels it. The gentle fingers carding his hair. It makes him shut his eyes weakly. He whimpers, making himself appear smaller. 

Taehyung slowly sits up, breathing heavily with tears threatening to fall from his eyes. He takes long breaths in and out, clutching onto the bed sheets, wondering why the mating mark started hurting like this again. And most importantly why did he see Jeongguk? And the voice? Was that only an illusion again?   

He touches his hair. It doesn't feel like one though. While he is calming his breaths, the curtains go still and the outline of someone standing behind it appears.

Taehyung glances at the lotus, "What's the meaning of this? Why am I having these illusions again?" He questions himself, one hand going to cup the mating mark. And the outline of that someone behind the curtains disappears in a blink of an eye.

☘☘☘

"Jeongguk!" Yoongi rushes to his brother's side after seeing the younger one on the floor. "Jeongguk? Jeongguk? What happened?" He places the unconscious man's head on his lap. 

He looks around, the room is a mess, his gaze falls on the cracked mirror for a second and brings back his attention to his brother, tapping his cheeks gently.  

"What's happening with you, Ggukie?" Yoongi hugs his brother's head, a drop of a tear rolling down his cheek. He quickly lifts Jeongguk and brings him to the bed, after laying him down on it, he fishes his phone out and calls their family doctor.