ELEVEN

|WHAT CAPTIVATED MY HEART|
☘☘☘

"A decomposing dead body is found near the Kum River. The tourists found it." 

"What do postmortem reports say?"  The senior asks. 

The junior opens the file in his hand and reads out loud, "It was a lady around 22-23 years old. Cause of death: loss of blood. Death time: 3 days." 

"Begin the investigation." 

The senior waits for everyone to leave and looks at the junior, "Read the real report." He bared his fangs. The junior gulps but nods and does as told. 

"The lady was severely injured, her bones were broken. And a bitten mark was found on her neck and there wasn't a drop of blood in her as well." 

"A vampire. Who the hell is going against the law? We need to find this culprit or else humans will come to know this. Mr.Park." The senior looks at him, "You are in charge of this case." 

Jihoon's eyes become wide in shock, "M-Me?" He points at himself, "Yes, you." The senior confirms with the most straight face ever then waves his hand in a dismissing way. 

☘☘☘

From the entrance of the kitchen, hidden behind the wall, Jeongguk peaks at his mate who is sitting on the kitchen slab, a tiny smile on his face as he watches the carrier being fed by Jimin. It's been three days since the incident happened in his penthouse. He never interacted with Taehyung. 

Though the last interaction he had in the last three days was when Jimin introduced Taehyung to him. But he remembers so clearly how scared the carrier was to even meet his eyes, he still is and it hurts Jeongguk. 

"Is it tasty?" Jimin asks softly, wiping Taehyung's lips with his sleeve. The smile on Jeongguk's lips widens when Taehyung nods with a beaming smile. Getting this reaction, Jimin smiles brightly too. 

"I'll send you a pair of clothes to wear. We are going to the mall." 

"Mall?" Taehyung blinks, tilting his head to the side. Jimin hums, feeding the younger another spoonful of japchae. "To buy you new clothes." 

Taehyung gasps, he quickly chews on his food and gulps down."Thank you, hyung!" 

Jimin's smile casts off for a moment before smiling again, "You are welcome, baby." He ruffles his hair, hiding the sadness laced in his tone because maybe he had expected 'ma' from the younger instead of hyung. 

Jeongguk hides when Taehyung and Jimin begin to come out of the kitchen, hand in hand, with the 18 years old swinging their hands adorably. The soon-to-be king bites back a smile. 

Feeling himself being watched, Taehyung looks behind but sees none. He blinks in confusion and shifts his gaze ahead. Jeongguk peeks from behind the pillar, grinning ear to ear. 

"Go to your room and freshen up. I'll call your Yoongi hyung, he will be at the mall directly from the office." Jimin says as they stop in front of the stairs and he lets go of Taehyung's hand who nods. "Go." Jimin taps Taehyung's cheek with a smile.  

Taehyung happily climbs up the stairs. Jimin sighs softly as he watches the young carrier. "Liana?" He shouts one of the maid's names who in a few seconds comes running to him. "There's a pair of clothes on my bed, go get them and put them in Tae's room, okay?" 

"I understood, sir." Liana smiles and bows, disappearing shortly from Jimin's sight. 

Jeongguk smiles secretly and walks off at his vampire speed.