TWENTY THREE

|HISTORY OF YOU&ME|
🌸🌸🌸

"Who was the first King of Vampires before they drifted into small Kingdoms?" 

The teacher asks, looking at the textbook. She is another teacher appointed by Jeons to teach Taehyung more about Vampires and to make him familiar with his kind as the boy knows nothing about his ancestry.  

Taehyung tilts his head, trying to recollect what he had studied last night. "Jun-Hyun!" He answers her question confidently. 

He watches her frown at him in displease. "There's no name like that, Taehyung. I told you to read this chapter a week ago and memorize the important questions…" 

Taehyung blinks and remembers the right answer. "Kwon Binha." He mumbles. The teacher smiles, stopping her lecture, and nods in approval, "Very good. This chapter can be very confusing as there are many names of late kings, their generals, and dates but if you keep studying well, you'll pass your special test easily and the marks obtained from here can help you in the final exam." 

After a few minutes, the class ends and the teacher leaves. Taehyung gathers his books and notes but notices the name he had answered his teacher with a while ago in one of his notebooks. He remembers that he scribbled it absentmindedly on his sheet during the lecture. He traces the name and feels his heart fluttering. "Jun-Hyun….." It tastes familiar as it rolls off his tongue like a sweet symphony. 

"He is the heir!" 

He closes his eyes, having another vision. He can see two men, what seems like arguing then the scenario suddenly changes from it to someone holding a sharp knife. He comes back with a shudder and breathes out heavily, looking at his surroundings anxiously. 

Taehyung looks at the name and harshly closes his notebook. "My pre-test is in the next month, I have to focus on my studies not on those stupid meaningless visions." He tells himself. 

But he can't help but feel bothered by this weird uneasiness in his heart. He looks at the clock and sees the time is a quarter to six. It's Jeongguk's arrival time. He quickly stands up and rushes outside down the stairs and smiles upon seeing his mate entering the palace. 

"Ggukie hyung!" Taehyung squeals and runs to him. Jeongguk looks up and smiles, spreading his arms for the carrier to crash on him. "Hey, my pretty lotus." He whispers once he has his lover in his arms. 

Taehyung giggles, "Hello." He says cutely and pulls away a bit to look at Jeongguk only to notice how tired the other looks and instantly worry shoots down in him. 

"You look tired, hyung. Is there too much work?" 

"Hmm." Jeongguk nods, smiling. "Give me your bag and let's sit for a while. Come." Taehyung says, taking Jeongguk's bag and leading him to the sofa near them. 

He makes Jeongguk sit while he puts the bag down, "I'll bring water for you, Hyung." Taehyung chirps and runs towards the kitchen. 

Jeongguk's eyes linger on the way his mate has left and smiles softly in adoration. He unbuttons the first two buttons of his shirt and his sleeves, leaning against the sofa comfortably. 

And Taehyung comes with a glass of water and a plate of fruits. "Hyung~ here, have these fruits. They are so delicious." He sits beside him. "Jiminie hyungie, cut these for me but I couldn't eat all of them so I told him to take out some for later. Now you can eat these. There are apples, bananas, and sweet-sweet strawberries. Hyung, I'll eat the strawberries, hehe you can have the others…." And so on, he keeps talking. 

Jeongguk stares at his face as he talks, smiling for a second in excitement and then pouting. 

"How was your day?" Jeongguk asks. Taehyung's eyes light up as he giggles and starts telling him what he did after Jeongguk left for work.