chapter 1 ~ 'stunned'

"Father, please don't make me do this!"

"You hesitate everytime Willow. Do it now!" He growls, causing me to shake even more in fear as I look at the poor man with sorrowful eyes. He moves away from me, holding his cold hands up in surrender.

"Please, please don't do it!" The poor man says weakly. A tear rolls down my cheek as I look around at all the other homeless witches and wizards on the streets of London hiding away from me and my father.

"I really don't want to. I'm so sorry." I cry and with that, I feel the sharp pain of my father's cane make contact with my back, making me fall to the ground.

"DO IT NOW OR THERE'LL BE CONSEQUENCES! I don't have all day girl!" My father seethes and I look up at him, trembling in fear. If I don't do it, he'll kill both me and Liam. I can't risk that. I hold the poor mans hands in mine and feel the magic draining out of him, entering my bloodstream. I close my eyes as I do so, not wanting to meet the eyes of my new victim.

"He's dead. Now give me the power!" My father pulls me towards him and I let go of the poor mans corpse as I watch it fall to the ground. I hold my hands out and my father grips onto them a little too tightly and I feel the magic draining out of me, as it transfers to the pathetic excuse of a father before me.

He releases me from his grip and clenches his fists, embracing all the power that I gave him. My head starts to spin and I attempt to stand up, but fail as I fall to the ground in seconds. Every month, the same damn thing. It weakens me each time, and this, this was the worst feeling of all.

"Get in the car." My father demands, and I attempt to stand up once again, my legs wobbly as I head towards the car. I flop into my seat beside my father and he looks at me with disgust before ordering the driver to take us home.

"I tell you this every month Willow. You know the power is the only thing keeping me alive?"

"Yes, I know father." I say panting.

"Plus, all the magic draining out of you makes you so much more skinnier! Be grateful you don't look like a fat pig." He chuckles, slapping his leg as tears of laughter floods out of his eyes. As he cries in laughter, my tears of guilt drown me as I stare at the poor man's dead body as the car sets off.

I'm sorry.

***

We finally arrive home and my father pushes me out of the car, causing me to slip on the wet ground. "Get up you pathetic girl! Your martial arts trainer is waiting for you in the gym."

"I'm tired, please could I have some rest first?"

"Rest? REST!? When have I ever taught you to have rest!? Get your fat ass up and go to the gym, NOW!" He yells, slapping my backside as I attempt to stand up from the ground and I hear him laughing with the driver as I make my way back up to the mansion.

"Willow! You're back!" My younger brother Liam exclaims, waddling up to me to me and giving me a tight hug.

"I wasn't gone for long." I laugh, trying to wipe my eyes so he doesn't notice I've been crying.

"Yeah, but I missed you!"

"I missed you too pumpkin." I smile, squeezing his cheeks. "Right, I've got to go and train. You carry on with homework and let me know if you need any help."