chapter 18 ~ 'jumpscare'

Willow's POV

As I leave Mattheo in the bathroom, I head downstairs reluctantly, not wanting to face my father as me and Mattheo left the dinner table unexpectedly. "Hello there Miss Sterling." A sweet voice says suddenly and I turn to find Elle approaching me.

"Hello Elle." I say kindly with a smile.

"Your father has left to go somewhere so I kept your food warm. It's in the kitchen." She tells me.

"Oh, thank you so much. Do you know where the other man is? Mikael?" I ask her.

"Yes. He's left a note for Mr Riddle seen as he's left too."

"Ah, okay." I reply and she heads back to the kitchen. Mattheo finally arrives from upstairs and approaches me.

"Looks like we're home alone." He says with a grin on his face.

"Great." I roll my eyes in annoyance before heading to the living room and flopping onto the sofa. Mattheo follows on from behind and takes a seat beside me. It's dark outside so one of the maids closes the curtains, leaving the dim lights of the lamp on, so the atmosphere is calm and peaceful.

"You can go home now ladies. Thank you so much for your help! I'll send you double the amount my father pays you." I tell the kindly as their face lights up. My father doesn't pay them enough anyways.

After they leave, Mattheo turns to look at me. "Now, we're officially home alone."

"I hate you."

"Correction - you love me."

"No. I don't." I roll my eyes and use my magic to bring the remote to me.

"You're magic still impresses me."

"Glad to know."

"If you ever need to siphon out of me let me know." He says in a serious voice.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah. Marcus offered so obviously I'm going to."

"It's fine. I don't want or need your magic."

"Be honest, what did it feel like siphoning out of me the last time?" He asks me, as I flick through some movies on Netflix.

"You don't need to know that." I scoff.

"Tell me."

"No."

"Tell me."

"No." And with that, he reaches over to me, and tries to grab the remote out of my hand, his body collapsing onto mine. I fight back, keeping the remote in the air.

"GIVE ME IT!" He shouts whilst tickling me. I burst out laughing, my body getting weak and giving in as he tickles me.

"MATTHEO STOP!" I squeal and he finally grabs the remote off of me.

"Answer my question or I'll put Riverdale on."

"You wouldn't."

"Oh, I would." He says with a devilish grin.

"Ugh, fine. It felt good. Your power... was something else."

"Ah, well what do you know. I am fucking powerful aren't I?" He laughs and I roll my eyes in annoyance.

"Not as powerful as me." I remark.

"Well, you did have to siphon out of me sooo..."

"Shush. We're watching Brooklyn 99."