chapter 24 ~ 'invitations'

We all wait in anticipation, until Fred and George Weasley come flying in on their broomsticks. Everyone looks up in wonder and Fred winks at me before he drops the spell. Suddenly, an array of fireworks explode in the the Hufflepuff common room, in the shape of Valerie Dickson, looking like a bloody fool.

"OH MY, IS THAT VALERIE!?" Pansy squeals, looking up and bursting out in laughter. The fireworks consist of Valerie's face with a pig snout and rabbit's teeth, making her look absolutely stupid.

"SHE MUST BE SO EMBARRASSED!" Blaise laughs. The whole room starts bursting out in laughter, seen as though everyone practically hates her. She's such a horrible person who's done disgusting things. She even had the nerve to perv up on a third year. Absolutely disgusting.

We all start laughing and a circle in the middle of the room starts to form around Valerie. She looks around and then storms out of the common room, making sure to shove past me too. "You guys planned this?" Astoria laughs.

"Yep. Was Willow's idea." Theodore replies.

"Riddle won't be happy." Draco says, taking a sip of his drink.

"He won't. But he's never happy so this doesn't make much of a difference." I shrug. "Okay guys let's get drunk!"

***

I wake up in the middle of the common room with a banging headache. Okay, maybe getting drunk wasn't the best idea, but everyone always says that when they have a hangover. The party was fun though.

I look around to find all my friends scattered around the room, passed out. Enzo is practically falling off the sofa, Blaise is piled on top of Draco, Pansy and Astoria are on the couch and Theodore is right beside me, fast asleep on the floor.

I attempt to stand up, but my head starts spinning. The Hufflepuffs should be grateful we took the party to our Slytherin common room. It's a right mess. Lazily, I stand up and wave my wand and the mess is mostly cleared. When I'm feeling a bit stronger, I'll finish the rest. "Guys! Wake up." I say, shaking every one of them.

"Five more minutes mum!" I hear Enzo groan, making me laugh.

"Did you just call her mum?" Theodore laughs, getting up from the floor. "Wow, what a night that was."

"Was fun whilst it lasted. This hangover won't be so great though. Come on guys! We're gonna be late for class!" I shout at them, as Theodore helps me to wake them up by swatting each of them with a cushion.

"Do we have to?" Pansy groans.

"Yes Pans." They all eventually get up and get dressed for the school day ahead of us. Luna arrives at our common room and kindly helps me to clean up the rest of the mess. "Thank you Luna."

"No problem. Have you seen Blaise?"

"Yeah. He's in his dorm."

"Oh, okay. Thank you!" She says sweetly and skips off to his dorm.

"Never thought Looney and Blaise would be a thing." Draco scoffs and I whack him with a pillow.

***

At lunch, me and the girls meet up in the common room but the boys are no where to be found. "Have you seen any of them?" I ask.

"No. I had my last class with Enzo but he just disappeared after that." Astoria tells me.

"Strange." Pansy says.

"Very strange." I reply. Then Luna walks into the room. "Hey Luna. Have you seen the boys?"

"Blaise told me he's just having a chat with Mattheo Riddle. Merlin knows why." She shrugs.

"Fuck." I mutter under my breath. "What does Riddle want with them now?"