chapter 23 ~ 'confessions'

"Woah. No need to get kinky. We all know what happens when the knife comes out." He raises his hands, grinning as he takes a step back.

"You're psychotic. Now tell me, what are you planning?"

"I'm not planning anything love." He shrugs and with that, I throw the knife towards him and it grazes his cheekbone, flying right past his face and then back towards me, as I catch it in my hand. "Nice trick."

"Put a little boomerang spell on it for situations like these." I roll my eyes, looking him up and down in disgust- I wish. He looks fucking hot right now. His black button up shirt unbuttoned slightly and his messy curls slightly over his eyes. His gold wrist watch and belt blinding my eyes.

"Like what you see?" He mocks me, wiping the blood from his cheek.

"All I see is a bloody traitor." I state, and throw my knife back at him, but this time, he catches it. He sends me a smirk and spins the knife in his fingers.

"Nice trick." I mock him now and throw a punch at him.

"I'm not here to fight you Sterling." He grunts, holding my wrists and forcing me back.

"Why are you here then Riddle!? You're the one who practically said you want nothing to do with me!?"

Suddenly, holds onto my waist and pulls me to a side, my body colliding with the wall around the corner as he cages me in, his hand over my mouth. "Filch." He whispers, and I shove his hand off of my mouth and hear him scurrying through the hallways.

"Fuck." I whisper and Mattheo looks down at me, both of us noticing the position we're in. His hands gripping my waist and my hands clenching on the collars of his shirt, slowly releasing my grip and resting my hands on his chest. He looks down at my hands making contact with his skin and I immediately drop my hands to my sides, looking away instantly.

Filch finally passes by and I push Riddle off of me. "So, you going to explain yourself or not?" I ask him and he says nothing. "Honestly, fuck you Mattheo. First you lie to me, posing as 'Marcus', then you lead me on with a kiss, then together, we decide to go and kill my fucking father. Now- now you're leaving me with no answers!? Tell me. Tell me I'm wrong and just being stupid about all this."

"Willow-" he sighs, rubbing his eyes. "We just can't be together. Okay!?"

"No Riddle. That ain't good enough!" I shout, my eyes watering up by the second.

"I'm sorry." He turns around and I pull him back.

"No, my father is out to fucking kill me and you know it so you better fucking say something!" My voice grows shakier and he holds onto my shoulders, looking down at me.

"Everything I'm doing right now Willow, is for your own fucking safety."

"Tell me. What is it that you're doing?"

"I'm getting married to Valerie."

"No you're not." I laugh, wiping a tear from my eye but he looks at me dead serious and my face drops.

With that, he turns away from me and walks off, leaving me alone in the cold hallways, shivering and dead inside.

***

Theodore's POV

I have to find her. I make my way through the crowd of dancing students and then walk over to the drinks table. Maybe someone saw her there? Oh my god, what if she got drugged!? I spot my friend Marco pouring in some drinks, looking quite upset or annoyed to say the least. "Yo Marco, what's up?"