chapter 12 ~ 'mistake'

Me and Draco arrive at the entrance of the Malfoy Manor, both of us annoyed and nervous at the fact that we have to see pathetic 'fathers' again. We sigh and then finally enter the manor, greeted by Draco's kind mother Narcissa who gives us both a hug. Draco's father arrives and calls him to a side to do something else, Merlin knows what.

I head for dining room and keep my head down once I enter, but when the doors shut and I look up, I find Mattheo and my father alone in the room, Mattheo backing up my father against the wall with his wand to his throat. Blood seeps out of my fathers many cuts and wounds on his body and I gasp at the sight. "Mattheo!?" I exclaim and they both turn their heads to look at me.

The expressions on their faces are complete polar opposites but they both make me feel one thing - disgust. Riddle's face is plastered with his famous devilish smirk and my father's has a face full of anger. Mattheo has no idea what he's done. He's beaten him up now, but he has no clue what's coming next for him. Or me. Or my little brother Liam. Either way, I'm going to kill Mattheo for what he's done.

Mattheo releases my father from his grip and as he takes a seat at the head of the table, the room begins to be filled with death eaters. I ignore the lot of them and drag Mattheo by his wrist out of the room, the death eaters looking at me surprised by my actions. "What the fuck Wilow!?" He shouts but I continue to drag him upstairs. He slips out of my grip so I use my magic to forcefully bring him upstairs.

I find a random room and lock ourselves in it, with my magic, so he can't get out. Tears start streaming down my cheeks and he looks at me confused. "What's wrong?" He asks.

"What's wrong? What's wrong!? Are you seriously asking me that right now!?"

"Yeah, you're crying!"

"Well why the bloody hell do you think I am? Why am I crying Mattheo? You tell me!" I shout in anger.

"I don't know! I beat up your father so now he won't abuse you! I've saved you!"

"No. I told you not to do anything! But you didn't listen, and decided that you'll just be the Saviour Mattheo. YOU'VE JUST MADE THINGS WORSE!"

"How!? Explain to me, how!?"

"He let you beat him up. Believe me. It was an act! You're the new Dark Lord so he obeyed you and let you beat the shit out of him but you have no idea what he's going to do next! You don't know him like I do! He's powerful, Mattheo. In a way that I CAN'T explain. It's not that I don't want to explain, I do. But it's for my own safety that I can't. Trust me. But you've put me, my brother Liam and yourself in a very difficult situation now!"

"Well you trust me, I do understand! You don't have to explain it to me but your brother is completely safe. You're safe!"

"No we're not. How can you possibly ensure that!?"

"I've put Liam and your maid Lucinda in a safe house that only I know about. It's also protected with a protection spell so don't worry about them." He says softly, taking a step forward and holding my hands in his.

"What?" I say, looking down confused and out of breath from all my crying and shouting.

"Yeah. They're safe Willow. Your father will never find them, and you know I would kill your father but-"

"He'd kill you first."

"According to you, yes he will." He sighs and I look up at him thankfully.

"Thank you." I mumble and he sends me a smile.

"And don't worry, I'll always be around to protect you." He reassures me.

"You want a hug?"

"No."