chapter 14 ~ 'numb'

Cedric practically carries me all the way to Mattheo's dorm, insisting many times that he takes me to the nurse but I refuse. He knocks on the door and there's no answer. Of course. Stubborn bitch. Cedric pounds on the door harder, looking at me quite concerned as blood streams out of the cuts and bruises on my face and body. Suddenly, the door swings open. "What the fuck do you wa- OH BLOODY HELL! What happened to you!?" Mattheo exclaims.

"Surprise." I laugh weakly and Cedric hands me over to Mattheo as I stumble into his room.

"Oi Hufflepuff! What the fuck happened!?"

"We went to Hogsmeade and I left her for a second to get a drink and when I got back I found her like this on a bench. She won't tell me what happened!" Cedric explains.

"Why the fuck would you leave her alone at night? Are you mentally ill Diggory!?"

"Don't fucking talk to me like that!" Cedric shouts.

"Shut the fuck up the two of you! I'm practically dying here." I scoff.

"Are you sure you don't need my help?" Cedric asks me.

"Yeah, you can go now." I say to him weakly and he finally leaves as Mattheo slams the door shut and I flop onto his bed. I wave my hand over my body and soon the wounds are healed but I still feel the lingering pain and weakness.

"Was it your father?" Mattheo asks me and I stand up in front of him, eliminating the space between us.

"No. I did this to myself. Yes, it was my father you dickhead!" I exclaim, pushing him but he only moves a little, due to how weak I am right now.

"Oi! Be careful how you talk to me." He seethes. "Look, I'm sorry this happened to you-"

"What happened to me is your fault."

"I'll go after him again, I'll kill him!"

"You really are so naive aren't you?" I scoff, pulling out my knife from my shoe and holding it up to his throat, backing him up against the wall.

"Wow, you've even got the knife out." He sniggers.

"You seriously think this is funny!? I just got fucking crucio'ed and you're finding this amusing!? GOD, I FEEL LIKE KILLING YOU SOMETIMES!"

"Sometimes? Listen here love, I feel like killing you every fucking second with how much of a bitch you are." He spits, pulling out his knife and holding it up against my throat too.

"Do it then. Got nothing to lose." I shrug.

"What about Liam?"

"He's better off without me." I say, pushing my knife harder against his throat. "Now listen here, don't you fucking dare even think about going against my father again, oh so help me Merlin, I will gauge your eyeballs out!"

"You're psychotic."

"You're full of shit."

"You're a coward." He spits back, pushing me off of him hard so I tumble backwards.

"A coward?" I scoff. "No, Riddle. I'm being fucking clever about this shit. I've told you before, my father will kill you in a second if you tried to kill him, that's why we're not going after him. You understand me?"

"If he can kill so easily, then why hasn't he killed you yet?" Mattheo asks, tilting his head.

"He needs me."

"Whatever for? You're practically useless." He remarks and I immediately lift my hand up and he's sent flying against the wall.

"That look useless to you?"