2. Back Story

•Third Person P.O.V•

The crowd faded slowly; only Erza, Levy, and Natsu left on the sidewalk beside the bleachers. Lucy's sad face replaying through Natsus mind as He stared at the two of them with such irritation.

"Please explain." Natsu barked. Levy looked uncertain just as he did, so Natsu gave all his attention to Erza. She was anxious to find Lucy, he could tell by the way she shook, the panic flushing her face. She looked guilty, and uneasy. She sighed with terrible grief.

"Okay... Here it goes..."

She explained a lot about Lucy, her story mostly. She was born July 1st by Jude, and Layla Heartfilia. Years later Layla died, and that's when Lucy drifted away from everyone, and avoided all kinds of social activity with friends, and family. She always wanted to leave, and see the world, but her father always kept her captive at home, and when she became introverted her dreams faded. When Jude finally allowed her to take a trip by herself she gained back some energy and went on the trip, but then she was in a plane crash, was the only survivor, and lost her sight, and ability to walk. As Erza spoke it felt like Natsus heart was cracking and finally evolved into sand.

"She's a mess, but doesn't show it. She always has a smile, a fake damn smile..." Erza commented, "She never ever cried before, at least not since her mother's funeral. Today she... I guess... Snapped back to reality... A little bit." We stood in thought. All we could hear was the soft chatter of the jocks, and cheerleaders that were getting back into the game. Natsu adjusted his football jersey, and looked at the two worrisome girls.

"I promise to help Lucy out. If she needs anything," Natsu spoke seriously, staring at their surprised faces, "Not because I pity her or because I have to, but because I want to." With that he hurried to the bench were he sat, watched everyone else play, and wait to see if he'll be out there this time.

"Bench warmer actually sounded serious..." Erza told Levy. They watched him as he headed away from the football field, leaving the excitement.

"Have you ever really talked to Natsu before?" Levy asked Erza curiously, "Do you think we can trust him with that information... I mean we don't-"

"Lucy's very important to me." Erza told her strictly, and she quieted noticing her volume/tone, "I think I can trust him... Don't you think?"

"Honestly I would have to agree. The way Natsu ran over to her in a heartbeat with those worried eyes made me have this weird feeling tug at my emotions." She said with a little squeal, and Erza nodded. She let out a soft sigh. Erza began to be filled with many thoughts. She was getting really worried about Lucy... Wherever she is...

•Lucy's P.O.V•

I didn't know where I was... I could still hear voices echo behind me so I must be a little distant from the school, but I really don't know... Using my arm, I moved it around to find something to grasp. I felt a cold metal hit against my palm. A flag pole. I could hear the flag flap around with the wind, the breeze gently blowing at my heated cheeks. I sniffled as I rubbed the smooth pole.

"You... Okay?" I heard a voice ask me with a hint of concern.

"Absolutely perfect." I told wiping my eyes, and turning my head to the voice, my lips curling into a smile that wasn't real.

"Were you crying?" The voice asked still concerned, and low. My smile dropped, and I relaxed my tensed shoulders letting my head drop forward. A tear dangled from my jawline then dropped.

"Why are you crying...?" The guy asked, His voice sounded so calm, but so sad at the same time.

"Who are you...?" I finally came to the question, and My face heated up.