20. Gift

Lucy hurried to the art room. She knew Natsu would be there. Feeling for the Braille to word Art Room. She entered looking around.

"Natsu?" Lucy questioned hesitantly.

"He isn't here right now," told a man, then she recognized the voice.

"Oh alright, may I stay for a bit? Mr. Jonah, right?" She asked.

"Yes, and You may, He'll be back soon." Mr. Jonah spoke kindly leaving the room with a rustle of papers. Lucy felt around, carefully moving about. she gently pushed her fingers against a painting. She smiled as she felt the bumpiness of the paint. The next paint didn't feel similar. It was blank. She felt around, and suddenly felt bumps. At first she thought it was just not started on but it was words. Her language. Braille.

"Hey Luce!" Natsu called, Lucy jumped, now turning toward his voice.

"Hey Natsu, why so animated?" Lucy questioned.

"You won't believe it! Coach is letting me play!" Natsu beamed.

"Are you serious?! Thats amazing!" Lucy reached for his hands, and held them tight, "I'm so happy for you, Congrats!"

"It's all thanks to you, Luce!" He interlocked his fingers with hers.

"I didn't do anything..." Lucy said bashfully.

"Don't be silly, you really helped me! With football and my paintings, you're amazing!" He grinned.

"Speaking of paintings what's with this one?" She asked. He immediately jumped not realizing she'd been in here with his paintings alone.

"O-oh that one? It's just... You helped me and I wanted to give it to you... I learned Braille, and thought it'd be cool to, you know... Make it for you." Natsu said shyly. Lucy traveled to the painting.

"Where does it start?" She questions. He grabs her wrist, and gently let her fingers feel them. His fingers on top of hers as they glided against the bumps.

"It's... the way you... make me wanna try... It's the smile... on your face; That makes time slip by, and I know... I'm now in a better place... Because of you... Lucy." He whispered Lucy's heart melting.

"N-Natsu, It's beautiful..." She chocked tears running down her face, "I l-love-it... I love it so much. T-Thank you!" She smiled feeling his warm hand on top of hers.

"It's a gift to... The most amazing girl in the world." Natsu breathed. It became silent, her breath, and his the only sound in the room. She felt her heart pound out of her chest. Their faces matching their cherry colors. She felt him come closer, his face inches away from hers. She was desperate to see him... He wiped her tears. His thumb tracing against her cheeks. She gulped nervously as her heart raced. Suddenly his lips hit hers. His lips soft, and fresh. She pressed them with her own studying it's feeling. Kissing back passionately he laid his hand onto her cheek. She wrapped her arms around his neck melting into the kiss as he lifted her slightly with the kiss. His chest pressing slightly. Everything so warm, and romantic. They parted with deep breaths, he laid his forehead against her own. He stared at her sweetly as if enchanted. She searched every feature after she lifted her hands to his face. He had soft cheeks, a smooth temple, fuzzy eyebrows, and the cutest dimples. His lashes long, and nose small. His hair was spiky but natural. She felt the heat from his cheeks; even his breath against her face that was as red as a tomato. His lips filling her brain as she leaned in again she waited for his lips to return. The moment could have lasted forever until Mr. Jonah came in with a laugh.

"Lucy, you still here? I was just talking-"

"H-Hey Mr. Jonah, How's life going?!" Natsu shouted. He was practically miles from Lucy now who was as stiff as a tree.

"N-Natsu just g-got here! He was t-talking to me about his l-lips-literature! He was talking to me about his l-literature class!" Lucy stammered uncontrollably.

"Ok...? But you both don't need to shout..." Reedus raised an eyebrow confused on their awkward behavior.