17. Accuse

"E-Excuse me, but who are you to be appointed with this conversation?" Jude stood away from Lucy. She wiped her tears recognizing the voice.

"N-Natsu?" Lucy sniffled.

"Don't lay a finger on her." Natsu growled, "You've hit her before, and made her cry. I won't let you hurt her again, ever."

"Natsu please listen-"

"Do you really think I would abuse my own child?" Jude asked.

"Yes, I do." Natsu fumed approaching Lucy's father. Lucy rolled between the two quickly before it got bad. The two looked down at her as she blocked them.

"Stop it... Natsu I was only talking to my father. We've made up, and... he was just hugging me!" Lucy yelled so they could hear.

"Luce I-"

"You guys are so short tempered." She huffed crossing her arms.

"I'm sorry sir, I was just trying to-"

"Protect my little girl." Jude smiled with amuse.

"Uh... Well yeah." Natsus cheeks tinted pink as he rubbed his neck.

"But don't ever accuse me of anything again." He threatened, and Natsu laughed nervously.

"Yes sir. Sorry sir." He nodded drastically with a childish grin. The door again slammed open with head breaths.

"G-Give us Lucy!" Levy tiredly ordered.

"She's our friend!" Erza yelled; not out of breath at all.

"Don't h-hurt her!" Gray wheezed.

"I got it guys." Natsu patted the threes backs.

"Nice job though!" Lucy admired sweetly.

"I appreciate your worry. I'd be extremely grateful if you all would stay close to my daughter. She, and I are deeply happy for your strong friendship." The father stated with an elegant smile. The friends apologized for their assumptions, and agreed to take care of their dear friend Lucy. Lucy on the other hand was in the other room gathering the things she left behind, and hurried to change into something suitable for the visit.

"I'm ready father." Lucy smiled as she rolled up with a long black dress with a white laced collar. The sleeves loose, and black along with the end of her dress.

"Would you like to join us?" Jude asked the friends no worry of their appearance.

"We'd love to come." Erza nodded with a sophisticated smile.