22. Carnival

Lucy stripped from her pajamas, and searched for clothes to wear. Today was the last day of school. The carnival was supposed to be a big important event for the school. You had to look good, not fancy; hot. She found pastel pink dress, it had tank straps, and was knee high. White flowery lace covered the puffy bottom. She wore flats, and a white thin chocker. She decided to lay her hair down, and quit putting it in her usual pig tails, or her half up side pony. She curled it slightly, and adjusted herself in the wheelchair. She rolled out with a yawn while she grabbed her book bag. When she came out of her room Erza, and Levy smirked at her. Levy covered her mouth trying to stop her laughter.

"What?" Lucy wondered tiredly.

"Nothing, you look hot." Erza told.

"W-what's wrong?!" Lucy squeaked nervously.

"Who you trying to impress?" Erza coughed out.

"Natsuuuuu~" Levy squealed.

"N-No! ...What? Why would I even..." Lucys face tinted pink as she scratched her cheek with embarrassment.

"Don't worry we can't exactly make fun since everyone's dressing hotly." Erza shrugged.

"W-We're wearing dresses too. But you look gorgeous, Lucy!" Levy told with a sweet smile.

"Thanks Levy! You girls are beautiful even if I can't see you!" She also smiled.

-

The day passed slowly, but finally the carnival was beginning. Everyone rushed out to enjoy themselves. Happily Principal Macarov made the rides able for wheelchairs; very safe. The group roamed getting on rides, and played games all together. Lucy, as promised, rode a ride with every single friend she had made. From Laki to even Jet, and Droy. Gajeel almost puked on her on one of the fast rides leaving Lucy to snort uncontrollably even after it was over.

"He almost vomited!" She snorted as she told Levy, and the others.

"You okay?!!" Levy confronted Gajeel, and he nodded at her.

"All good, shrimp." He grinned a toothy smile.

"Me next!" Loke screamed pushing Lucys wheelchair. Everyone ate as it began getting late the friends had departed with their own couples besides Levy, Gajeel, Jellal, Erza, Natsu, Loke, and Lucy. Gray was forcibly taken to a ride by Juvia.

"Wanna go into the haunted house?" Gajeel asked Levy. Levy sweat dropped, but accepted. Jellal, and Erza decided to go to a game where he had won Erza a sword. Wendy giggled as Romeo gave her a white cat stuffed animal. Later so did Levy with a panther.

"Let's go play a game Lucy!" Natsu exclaimed. Natsu failed many times, and finally Lucy got the courage to throw. She won. She giggled as she gave him a blue cat stuffed animal.

"You suck ass." Loke slapped Natsu harshly on the back.

"I do not!" Natsu pouted hugging his cat.

"For winning the football game you can't even knock over a pin? I mean Lucy did it on her first try!" Gray laughed.

"That's not manly at all." Elfman approached while holding Evergreen close by the waist.

"It's pathetic. Geehee." Gajeel snickered. Natsu groaned as everyone teased him. Lucy on the other hand, with lost sight, her thoughts wandered filling the darkness with a novel of her life. So happy with her mother, and Erza then found sadness when her mother left. She ignored any kind of interaction. Then she found an interest from reading in the mansions library, and wanted to travel. But that only led to a worse fate. Eventually she lived a possessed life until she got the opportunity to change it all. She took it. She ran or in this case rolled to a place where she found friendship, and confidence, and even helped someone special to her. She wasn't lonely anymore.

"Lucy, what's wrong?" Mirajane asked slipping from Laxus, and confronting her with worry.

"Why are you crying?" Drunk Cana swayed as she questioned still filled with concern.

"I'm just r-really happy!" She beamed wiping her tears. Everyone smiled happily crowding around their new friend.