23. Ferris Wheel

"Go have fun Stripper!!!" Natsu shouted as Gray, and Lucy locked into the pendulum ride, leaving Lucy's wheelchair once again.

"Shut up, Volcano!" He screamed. Before the ride began Gray made time for them to chat.

"Hey Lucy? Remember when we met. People thought I was creepy, and mean?" Gray questioned looking at his sightless best friend.

"Yes, it was devastating... Why?" Lucy asked.

"I just wanted to thank you for giving me a chance to make friends! It made me really happy." He said her hearing his kind smile.

"No problem, you helped me a lot too, Gray. Thank you!" She beamed.

-

"What should we ride now?" Asked Lucy.

"Going on the Ferris wheel." Everyone said in unison. They all glowed red, and covered their faces with embarrassment. Couples, and bound to be couples rushed to the Ferris wheel making Lucy chuckle.

"Wanna go Lucy?" Asked Natsu. Lucy blushed softly, and nodded.

"G-Go have fun Lucy!" Levy cheered as Gajeel reached for her hand making her squirm with shyness. Soon enough they'd also be on the Ferris wheel.

-

The two were extremely bashful as they entered the Ferris wheel. Lucy began to sweat with nervousness. Once they arrived at the top it stopped giving Natsu a chance to speak.

"U-Uh you look r-really cute tonight, L-Luce." He said as red as a tomato.

"T-Thank you! So d-do you... Uh... I think.." She became quieter, and quieter with every word.

"Luce... I- Um..." He scratched his cheek shyly.

"Y-yeah?" She gulped softly as she listened to one of her... best friends.

"I uh... Crap I know I sound hilarious... But I'm just nervous." He explained.

"You don't have to be, It's just me." She began to reassure.

"Exactly..." He mumbled softly with a nervous smile.

"Just relax." She smiled comfortingly.

"Ok... Um..." He took in a deep breath starring straight into her chocolate brown, lost eyes of hers; almost melting, "I-I'm in love with you, Luce!" He nearly shouted. Lucy now completely red nodded.

"I l-love you too, Natsu." She whispered pulling her hair behind her ear. She could feel him come closer, his warmth, his scent. He pecked her lip gently. And again... And once more... They passionately kissed as lights coruscated onto their red faced skin. Natsu smiled as she got a glance of the sight. The scene extremely romantic. No wonder that was the famous ride for couples.

"Thank you..." She whispered between the loving kiss.

"Thank you, Luce..." He murmured holding her hands tightly as he kissed her back as lovingly.

She was once lost, and lonely, and so was he... Until they met.