13. Help

•Third Person P.O.V•

Lucy was very odd after her and her father talked. She'd been more introverted, and quiet as she used to be. More sad memories consumed her even if she tried to avoid the thoughts she could never go blind of that particular darkness. The group was hovering around the art studio silently, when Lucy rolled by she hadn't even noticed them until Natsu bursted.

"Come on!" He yelled. Lucy, startled was pulled aside.

"He's having another tantrum." Gray explained.

"This isn't about art though, he's mad at the coach for putting him on the bench again." Levy told.

"It's because he's to destructive." Erza finished. Natsu sighed, and groaned. Lucy rolled in when she got the chance her friends tried to stop her, and gasped as she enter with a click of the floor as she transferred in.

"Lucy?" Natsu gulped slightly with embarrassment. He rubbed the back of his neck hoping Lucy wouldn't hear the stutter in his voice. "H-How are you?"

"Neutral... How are you doing?" Lucy hinted she knew very well he was distorted.

"You heard then..." Natsu sighed sitting down. He looked at Lucy who had huge bags under her eyes, and a pale face. He didn't care as much about himself than her. "Are you sick?" He asked.

"N-No.." Lucy said a little brought back. "U-uh You're bench warming issue...?" Lucy began.

"I just... I tried to talk to the couch but he just won't let me-" Natsu bit his lip with disappointment.

"You are very talented Natsu... I believe he will soon allow you to play like how you allowed yourself to paint. You kept at it till you finally got it. Don't let this be the end." Lucy reached out for Natsu's palm.

"You have a way with words, you should write a novel." Natsu chucked with appreciation, but soon became serious again, "I will try to convince as much as I can maybe I'll even show him what I've got."

"There you go... Don't let it get you down." Lucy told her cheeks warming up, a smile began to appear on her face. Her eyes dropped and she tightened her grasp on Natsu's hand.

"Lucy..." Natsu pulled her head up with his thumb revealing her welled up eyes.

"You made me smile Natsu..." Lucy whispered, "You always make me... Happy..." Erza gulped with sorrow as she heard her friends words from outside the classroom.

Natsu held Lucy in his arms, pulling her in a gentle hug, "I'll make sure your smile never fades. You have such a beautiful smile."