xxiii

[a/n: there are mentions of y/n wearing a kimono. Please remember this isn't a "feminine" pick, kimonos are worn by all genders. This story will continue becoming gender neutral <3]

The next morning was started earlier than usual - especially for a weekend. And that was because of Emma, and Emma alone.

Well, Emma's excited screaming to be exact.

Thinking it was a crazed murderer (which was very unlikely to begin with; I mean who was stupid enough to be out in the middle of some dense as forest? Other than the manor members that is.) you all ran to the living room area - naib being the one to rush over to the girl and ask what happened.

Instead, she merely grinned - which was slightly unsettling - and pointed to a large open box in the middle of the room.

Michiko rolled her eyes before tiredly walking towards it, opening the flaps further to look in and gasp at the contents. "OH MY GOD."

"WHAT IS IT NOW?!" Naib cried, turning to the geisha with nothing but dark eye bags hanging onto his features.

She only responded by grabbing the fabric from the box, holding it in front of her so it could unfold and display to those around. Her smile widened greatly - blinding those around her. "You got kimonos!"

The mercenary stared at the woman in disbelief for a minute, opening his mouth before closing his eyes and sighing - turning and leaving the room. "I'm going back to sleep."

She ignored him but rolled her eyes playfully, quickly rushing over to your tired form. "Y/n please let me help you get ready! It's been years since I last helped someone get ready!"

"Oh me too!" Mary grinned, coming into view to hug the waist of the geisha. "I'm not very skilled in kimonos nor traditional Japanese customs, but I can help you with your hair."

"I'll get my perfumes and make up." Vera sighed, turning to walk back to her room with Patricia following close behind.

Fiona grinned from beside you, jumping in place excitedly. "Oh how pretty! You're so lucky y/n!"

Finally snapping back into thought at the sound of her voice, you instantly raised your hands to wave around. "Hey, I'm thankful for the help and it's a beautiful outfit - but it's still six in the morning." Pointing to the grandfather clock that rested in the living room. You continued. "I'm too tired, and I won't be able to return to sleep if I put it on now."

"Then later, at lunch." Mary pushed. It was obvious she was eager to see you in a new outfit - and you appreciated their enthusiasm - but right now with the others around (along with Norton and Aesop) it would be rather embarrassing.

"Later." You nodded.

——————————

Well later had come a lot sooner than expected with Mary and michiko dragging you out of your seat beside Fiona on the dining table. Having just finished your breakfast, you expected at least a bit of time to digest your food, but the two huntresses seemed to have a different plan as they sung and chirped about all their plans of how they would doll you up.

"I appreciate this, I really do-" you sighed, staring at your reflection from the mirror. The kimono was gorgeous - a black material with white flowers that piled at the bottom. They shone and glittered, but it didn't stand out too much - which you appreciated.

It partly reminded you of one of Michiko's outfits.

"But isn't this a bit much? I mean - the festival starts on Wednesday. We have three days."