xli

[a/n: thank you user ProfessorPuppet for correcting my Roman numerals. I owe my life and soul to you. Also,,, two arcs for the k/d/j story have finished but I'm anxious to post them bc what if no one wants them AHHA 😈 real short chapter as a filler bc idk how to progress into the next part of the story, sorry 😍‼️]

Well into the afternoon, both you and Norton stepped out of his room and begun making your way towards the dining room - your hands waving around as you explained to him the grand theory about how Margaretha was, indeed, Mike's soulmate.

"No, no, you're right." The man nodded, waving a finger at you.

"Right?! Like he complains about his thighs and legs hurting; Margaretha loves dancing and running like, always. And Margaretha complains about her wrists and fingers hurting! It makes sense!"

He hummed back, cupping his chin as if in thought. "Actually, you know what I was thinking? It was kind of a weird concept to me because didn't Margaretha come out as lesbian a few weeks ago?"

"Oh my god she did?"

"Yeah? Weren't you like, sitting directly in front of her when she announced it??"

"Yeah but to be fair I don't have enough memory space in my head to remember something as old as a week old." You shrugged, watching as he snorted and shook his head, looking up and catching sight of Eli, Naib and Mike.

"Alright, are you gonna sit with Vera and Pat?"

"Hm?" Turning to him you clicked your tongue. "Oh yeah, yeah I am! See you after?"

"We could go grab one of those popsicles that Naib bought the other day and go sit out in the yard." He smiled, walking backwards towards his friends.

You raised an amused brow, crossing your arms. "Didn't he specifically tell us not to grab his stuff?" 

"He doesn't have to know."

"Alright." You snorted. "If you can grab two and meet me outside without getting killed that is."

He smirked. "Deal." And with that, he turned and walked off, leaving you to hum in amusement before making your own way towards the three expectant girls.

Patricia was the first to notice you, a smile growing on her lips as she patted the seat beside her - you quickly took your spot and turned to the three girls who warmly greeted you.

"Oi, did you guys hear?" Fiona giggled behind her hands, leaning into Vera to reach a good distance for whispering to all three. The perfumer deadpanned at the new weight on her chest but let the girl to as she pleased.

You tilted your head, sharing a confused glance with Patricia before turning back to the redhead. "Hear what?"

"Kevin and Jose got caught making out in the middle of a game so they came out with their relationship along with Demi." She continued to giggle - cheeks flushed.

You smiled but playfully rolled your eyes. "It's about time. Those three weren't very secretive about it anyway."

"Yeah, I'll never forgive Kevin for inviting them to his room and doing the nasty right beside my own room." Patricia cringed, her mind probably off to a faraway night as you and the three girls laughed at her suffering.

Vera hummed as she looked away, smiling at the three newly outed couple who sat on the opposite side of the table - the three laughing with each other and sharing a bottle of (most likely) alcohol.

"They're sweet though, it's always nice seeing people in love like that." She hummed, and you couldn't help but agree.

"Sometimes I wish my soulmate and I could've worked out so we could have had something like that." Patricia sighed, but instantly brightened up when seeing her three closest friends staring up at her. "But I'm glad I met you guys! I doubt that I would have ever agreed to come to the manor if I had worked out with her."

Vera smiled and leaned back on her seat, grabbing the cup in front of her to take a sip of the beverage. "Honestly, me too. Im getting better after what I had done to my soulmate, but I never really regretted it, you know? Abusive assholes will always deserve that in my eyes." She chuckled into her cup as you and the three girls nodded.

The red head who was still leaning on Vera deadpanned, but grinned after a silent second. "I might never know what it's like to have a soulmate but I think you three are the next best thing, if not better!"

Cooing at the girl the three of you continued to talk throughout the waiting time for dinner, chatting about matches and gossip, new movies and books. For the first time in a long time; your cheeks hurt from smiling.