xxix

[A/n: HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME. SO THERES THIS GUY IM LITERALLY IN LOVE WITH AND I NEED TO WRITE HIM A STORY BUT I DONT KNOW ABOUT WHAT?? Like I could make him a story about us or something more like fiction or something else BUT IDK WHAT AND I NEED HELP CAUSE I REALLY WANNA SURPRISE HIM.]

"So, what are your thoughts on Norton?"

You groaned and rolled your eyes, looking away from the acrobat who's head rested in the palm in his hand. "He's a nice guy, a lot better now."

"Now?" He chuckled. "Why not before?"

"You're joking, right?"

"Yeah, I am." His lips widened into a childish grin - reaching over to grab the long forgotten bottle of coke that once belonged to Vera. Minding no thought to the idea of germs or personal belongings, he brought the bottle up and took a sip. "He was an asshole before. But now that he's not what do you think of him?"

A groan left your lips and your head quickly fell into the hold of your hands. "I was supposed to spend my time avoiding overthinking about them!"

"Oh, well if that's what you want then let's talk about something else!" Victor's sweet voice broke through as both you and Mike looked up to look at him. "I saw some games around the front door of the manor. Why don't we go and play?"

Mike sighed and leaned back on the plastic chair - legs crossed over the other and hand bringing up the bottle for another sip. "I don't know."

"Then you can stay here. Let's go Vic."

"Wait!" He gasped, shooting in from his seat as you and the boy began to leave. You turned to him with a teasing grin as he rolled his eyes. "Well I don't wanna be alone. Let's go."

The two boys, though an unlikely duo, made great company as you walked through game to game. Victor had returned to rubber duck fishing game about three times and won a small, fluffy duck plush for you both - then got himself a dog plushy.

"It's for wick." He would reason. Not that neither of you needed any, the teddy bears he got you both being held tightly against your chests in a hug. "He likes toys like these."

"Doesnt he bite them though? Wouldn't that practically be cannibalism?" Mike voiced his (rather unneeded concerning) thoughts.

The postman shook his head though, stating that wick was not a violent dog and rather than biting and throwing around said toys, he would cuddle them.

"That's adorable."

Victor turned to you with a grin, nodding his head. "He's a real good cuddler. When neither Andrew nor Luca can spare time to cuddle, he comes to my rescue."

From beside you both, Mike cried out making a puking sound - waving you both off. "All this soulmate stuff is too much for me. You're all so cute it's making me nauseous."

"And you?" You prompted the man. "What's your status with your soulmate?"

He groaned and shook his head. "I still haven't found them. I get a lot of bruises on my arms but almost everyone has bruises on their arms. One thing in particular though - the joint where my legs connect to my hips are almost always bruised."

"So they run a lot." You humored the idea, snapping your fingers with a grin. "Naib!"

"Oh absolutely not." The acrobat deadpanned. "Have you seen that man? He definitely wants to kill me if he ever gets the chance."

"Why?" Victor asked with a tilt of his head.

Mike awkwardly chuckled and looked away, scratching the back of his head. "One time when he was body blocking me I may or may not have placed a brown bomb down in front of him and caused him to not only slow down, but to get his precious boots dirty."

Your hands raised to cup your mouth in disbelief. "Not his precious boots. That's practically the only good piece of clothing that man owns."

"Honestly y/n, you can't speak." Mike laughed. "Don't you remember those stereotypical white people cardigans you'd wear religiously?"

"DONT REMIND ME."

"Oh yeah!" Victor gasped. "Vera had to come and fix your wardrobe!"

"YOURE BOTH HORRIBLE. IM SORRY NO ONE HERE UNDERSTANDS TEACHER FASHION."

Hugging his torso in a fit of laughter, Mike continued. "Your outfits always gave me flashbacks to those mean English teachers I had to deal with in high school!"

"Or the maths teachers." Victor added with a wide grin.

Your eyelids lowered as you stared at them both have their laughing fits. "I'm leaving, I'll go find Robbie who actually appreciates my sense in clothing!"

"No come back! We love your heeled beige boots, turtle neck sweaters and mom jeans!"