Ch. 2: The Search for the Legend

The bus arrived at the hand and the students exited for the tour. Luz silently decided to stick close to Boscha and follow her if she strayed from the group. If she was telling the truth about the location, Luz could just follow her right to the Monado. When the tour was over, she noticed Boscha slip away, which led to her slip away.

'This is it!' Luz thought as she followed Boscha, staying 10 steps behind her.

Boscha took several turns and eventually found herself at a cave.

"If granddad's notes are accurate, the hiding place of the Monado should be in this cave." Boscha said as she remembers another thing from the notes. "But what did he mean by, "only the symbols of magic shall reveal the way?" The only symbols I can think of are the coven symbols but they didn't exist back them."

"Symbols?" Luz whispered before gasping, the answer coming to her instantly, "The glyphs!"

Luz was a little too loud, because Boscha heard something and looked around.

"Who's there?"

Luz quickly hid behind a stalagmite as she held her breath, trying not to make any noise.

"I know I heard something. If you don't come out, I'll find you myself!" Boscha said, moving to draw a spell circle over her third eye.

She shut the eye before opening it, revealing it to be black and white now.

'Always thought this x-ray would be good for more than peaking.' Boscha thought as she looked around.

Luz came out, knowing there is no way to get out of this.

"I knew I shouldn't have left the invisibility glyph at home."

"You?!" Boscha said in shock, undoing her x-ray spell.

"Me." Luz said nervously, waving to Boscha.

"Why are you here!?"

Boscha didn't expect or want Luz to be here! She would just get in the way of her getting to the Monado!

"I saw you slip away and I assumed you would be going for the Monado." Luz said, looking away as she traced her foot in the dirt.

Boscha wanted to get angry, but in reality, she isn't opposed to Luz being here.

"Fine, you can come."

"Really?! Yay!" Luz cheered.

"But you follow me and stay out of the way." Boscha said to her. "I'm still trying to figure out what the riddle my grandfather left."

"That? Oh, I already figured it out." Luz said with a smile.

"What? How?"

"Because what he meant by symbols, he meant the original glyphs of the isles. The source of magic before the bile sacks." Luz said as she reached into her pocket, pulling out all four spell glyphs. "The building blocks of magic itself!"

"What? So, all this time, these have been around?" Boscha asked, staring down at the glyphs as they began to glow.

"It's working! We can use the glyphs to find the Monado!" Luz said as she began wavering them in front of her, seeing the glow fade or increase depending on the direction!

"This way!" Luz said.

'If this girl dies and doesn't kiss me, I'll kill her.' Boscha thought, 'Why do I have to have a crush on her?'