Ch. 66: Returning Doubts

Luz was almost halfway through the tunnel when she needed to break for a minute.

"The amount of times I've used nothing but adrenaline this week, can't be healthy."

The white glow in her eyes faded as she found herself out of energy, sitting against the wall with Amity still in her arms.

"I would say so. You're quite the little hero." Marcus said as he leaned against the other wall.

"This... this is too much for me." Luz said, "I'm just a teenager."

"I doubt that." Marcus said, "You're stronger than anyone I have ever met."

"How do you know that?"

"Because you have the Monado. Only you can hold it, I think that's enough to prove you're stronger than you think."

"And if I'm not?" Luz asked before she felt someone touch her cheek.

"You can always rely on the ones you love to save and help you." Amity said, recovered and sitting on Luz's lap.

"You're not alone." Amity said, "Don't worry."

Once again, Luz was reminded she didn't have to do things alone and she loved being reminded of it.

"I love you." Luz said.

"I love you too." Amity said.

the two shared a quick kiss as their Palismen returned to them.

"Can you walk okay?" Luz asked.

"I'll be fine. I can also help Mr. Triplet if he needs it." Amity said as she and Luz stood up.

"Yeah, I could use some help." He said.

Amity moved to help Marcus walk as Luz walked behind them til the end of the tunnel. Luz let Marcus ride on Amethyst while she ride the Monado back to Triplet Manor. They landed in front and Marcus was almost tackled by Boscha.

"Dad! I was so worried!" Boscha said.

"We both were." Elizabeth said as she came and hugged Marcus as well. "I pray Cera didn't hurt you too much."

"Eh, that bitch did worse to me when we were kids." He said.

"Still, let's get you inside. I'll call a healer." Elizabeth said as she lead Marcus inside as Amethyst returned to Luz.

"Alright, I should get going." Luz said, "I need to let Eda know about this."

"Okay but thank you, thank you so much." Boscha said as she kissed Luz.

"I can't let my girlfriend be upset." Luz said, "It goes against my religion."

"Luz, you don't have a religion." Amity said.

"Yes, I do. It's a human religion." Luz said with a smile.

"And that is?" Amity asked.

"Judaism." Luz said, "You know what, we'll talk more later, I have to get to Eda."

Luz gave Amity and Boscha quick kisses before she flew off to the owl house, the news of Cera Triplet and Odalia as the Eclipse Enforcer were things she needed to warn her friends about.