Ch. 14: My Enemy or My Friend?

He returns with the flower

"So, Miss Chosen One, what are you going to do with these?"

"What I am going to do with them is use with this." Luz said, gesturing to the fire and ice glyphs she drew in the wall with Amethyst's fire and connected them in a circle.

"Huh? I've never seen magic like this before." Hunter said to her, gazing at the glyphs.

"Welcome to the wild side."

Luz then explained how these glyphs were wild magic and how making this combination while using sleeping nettles to create a sleeping mist. G.G. seemed to catch on as he had read the same book on Wild Magic as Luz.

"Hang on, if you're in the Emperor's Coven, why are you studying wild magic?" Luz asked him.

"If you're a human, then why do you have a mythical weapon that only a witch can use?"

"I asked you first. So talk." Luz said, pointing to him.

The unmasked teen sighed as he sat down and looked away.

"I'm....a magic less witch. All of my ancestors were, I never thought I would have a future in a world like this." He said as he looked over his hand. "But then Belos found me, told me the Titan had big plans for, and blessed me with a staff of artificial magic. He brought into the coven, trained me, and made me his right hand man."

'Artificial magic?' Luz thought in shock, looking at the staff she held from him.

"Now it's your turn to answer me. How can you, a human, wield a legendary weapon like the Monado?" G.G. asked her, not noticing Lil Rascal walking to him.

"Well, I can assume it's because it was made in the savage ages before the bile sack. Back then, witches used the glyphs to do magic like I do now." Luz said as she looked over the Monado. "The legend said that one with immense magical prowess and a strong heart would wield it. I think it's because the witches didn't have bile sacks yet and because I'm a good person is why I can wield it."

They heard Kiki's dragon roar and looked. Seeing her ready to take off.

"Time to go." Luz said as stood up and turned to the glyph combo, pulling a scarf to cover her mouth and nose. "Time for a little nap."

Luz pressed her hands against the combo and a mist went out. Hunter quickly pulled up his own scarf as the mist began effecting everyone and everything around them.

"Mmm." Kikimora moaned, rubbing her eyes as she became sleepy and her vision was blurring.

Her dragon crash landed and Luz and Hunter were quick to follow her. Luz decided to trust G.G. and return his staff as she climbed on her own, flying towards the dropped Palismen nest. Luz looked inside the nest.

"Okay, you're safe."

The cardinal palisman flew in to try and calm his friends down but they were still shaken up from the crash.

"Hey, hey, it's alrighty you guys are gonna be alright." Luz said, taking off her cloak and wrapping it around the group. "Me and Amethyst are gonna get you guys out of here, I promise."

Behind her, Hunter pointed his staff at her.

The magic was at the ready as Luz stood up slowly.

"Why am I not surprised?" Luz said as she turned to him, not summing the Monado. "A small part of me thought I could trust you but clearly I was wrong. I shouldn't have expected you to be my friend, when obviously you just used me for you job. Isn't that right, Golden Guard?"

He pulled down the mask.

"My name is Hunter."

Luz was actually surprised to see he had a guilty look on his face, meaning he felt bad for almost betraying. Amethyst growled at Luz, telling her that she was right and Golden Guard/Hunter could be trusted.

'Guess Palismen are great judges of character.' Luz thought.

The moment was then ruined as a bolt of magic hit Hunter, causing both of them to look to see Kikimora was still awake but woozy. Seems she has a bit of resistance to the sleeping mist.

"I...know you there. I might not be able to see you completely but I know you're right in front of me!" She said, firing more bolts to them a random.

Luz reached for the Monado, but Hunter stopped her.

"You need to get out of here." He said, "Take them and go."

Before Luz could reply, Hunter put his scarf back on and charged at Kikimora with his staff to teleport around and deflect her blue fire bolts.

"How are we going to get the nest back?" Luz asked,

Amethyst looked at Kiki's dragon. Hopping off Luz's shoulder, Amethyst flew over towards the finger dragon and began talking with it.

"You know, I shouldn't even be surprised at this point." Luz said.

After a short yet deep conversation, Amethyst nodded to Luz as the got on the finger dragon's head.

"Okay, so he or she is helping us now? Cool." Luz said as she quickly got in the rider's seat. "No matter what I see, the Boiling Isles keeps surprising me."

Amethyst nodded to her partner and gave a tiny roar to "Fingers," letting the finger dragon know they can grab the nest and fly them away. Fingers does so and they fly away. Not stopping until they bring the nest back. The nest was set back in the Grudgby field as Fingers moved to rest near the bleachers.

"Alright, Amethyst, let's go home. I need to sleep because I need to talk to Amity and Boscha tomorrow... er, today I guess? I don't know, it's three A.M. I'm tired."

Amethyst nodded to her friend as she transformed into her staff form, letting Luz climb on to fly back to the owl house. Luz landed in front of the Owl House and walked in, seeing Eda passed out with half a bottle of Apple Blood in her hand.

"No surprise." Luz said with a chuckle as she walked upstairs, undoing her cloak as she felt onto her sleeping bag.

Amethyst turned back to normal and crawled onto Luz's chest, sleeping herself as she listened to the human's heartbeat. Luz thought about what she's going to say to Amity and Boscha when she wakes up.