Ch. 13: Cutting to the Chase

The two continued to walk away from the dragon until they stumbled upon a town called "Latissia." G.G. had been quiet the whole time and leading them somewhere, most likely towards a police station run by the Emperor's Coven.

'I should just leave him.' Luz thought, 'he's only created problems for me.'

But Amethyst wouldn't let her, she seems to want to steer Luz right in this situation. Even when this guy tried to kidnap her and her friends.

"You mind telling us where we're heading?" Luz asked.

"Quiet." He said

Luz growled at him, so tempted to just give him a good one with the Monado but she still wanted to save him, he was her best chance at finding the Palismen. Before long, they made it to a coven outpost in Latissia.

'Shit.' Luz thought, stopping as G.G. walked up to the coven members.

G.G spoke with the guards there while Luz tried to figure out where the palismen are.

'The best should've been brought here, so where is it?' Luz thought as she noticed Amethyst and Rascal looking for them too.

"Staff." A voice said, making Luz look to the Golden Guard and see his hand out to her.

"Excuse me?" Luz asked him.

"I said give me my staff so I can show them I'm the Golden Guard." He said to Luz.

Luz held it behind her. Amethyst might be forcing her to save him, but who said she can't mess with him.

"Good joke kid, but this isn't a place for jokes." A coven member said to him.

"Yeah, now both of you get home before we arrest you for disturbing coven business." Another one said as they walked away from G.G.

G.G looked at Luz angrily.

"Wow, that must suck." Luz said, "See ya."

Luz took off running and Golden Guard chased after her. Luz ran through the town as the palismen held on tightly as she bumped into people and knocked over objects. The Monado switched to an ice glyph and Luz put her hands on the ground. An Ice pillar came from it and shot Luz up to the roof of a building. She looked down to see him glaring up as Luz.

"What's the matter, little man? Don't you want you staff back?" Luz asked as she held his staff over the edge, but saw G.G. just look away from her. "Hey, you coming or not? Just do a spell...Or can you not do a spell without this?"

His face remained the same, but Luz got the message. He walked away from the alleyway before he took a running start, using parkour to get up to the roof and face Luz but the human held him back with the Monado!

"Step back or I will end you." Luz said to him.

"Just give me my staff back." He said

"Not a chance." Luz said to him.

"Then why don't you leave then? And before you answer, I can guess why. You care about those palismen and even with the Monado, you don't have full control over it and can't get the palismen alone." He said with a smirk.

Luz practically growled at him. They stayed in this stalemate until a familiar roar caught their attention, turning to see the finger dragon from before flying down to the police station.

"So, are you going to give me my staff or are they going to get taken to the Emperor."

Luz narrowed her eyes at him and the dragon before she lowered the Monado.

"I'll put the sword away but I will not give you your staff, not until I know I can trust you." Luz said to him.

"Well then, do you have a plan?"

Luz thought for a moment, putting the Monado in necklace mode as she rubbed her chin.

"I've got something but it won't work without a certain flower." Luz said as she turned to G.G. "Go finds some sleeping nettle flowers, ok?"