#16: Fireworks.

Chapter Sixteen: "Fireworks."

"NICE JOB ROSÉ! We will wrap it up here" the director said as the rest of the cast and crew clapped while chanting her name. She smiled widely as she bowed and thanked them for working so hard with her.

It was her last of her section of shoot. The next few days were for Lisa. Rosé changed from her designer clothes she had worn for the MV shoot, into a pair of ripped denim shorts and a tube top.

She was sitting on the chair in front of the dresser when she felt a pair of hands, pulling at her hair. She looked up in the mirror and saw the reflection of Jungkook staring back at with a smile.

"Jungkook?"

"Stay still," he delicately loosened the various little hair ties from her blonde hair which was in tight braids. After doing so, he gently eased her hair from the knots, making her sigh as her blonde locks of her framed her face in waves that the braids had made.

"Thank you," she said, standing up to face. "What are you doing here anyway?"

"Why do you think? I came to see you" he replied, reaching across her to place the hair accessories on the dresser.

"Aw you like me that much" she joked, removing her earrings but his reply made her blush.

"I do, more than you will ever know" he said seriously, looking at her in the eye. Her lips parted as she struggled to reply. She nudged him shyly before turning away, trying to hide her red cheeks but he could still see through the reflection of the mirror.

"I only said I liked you and you're already blushing," he teased, laughing slightly.

"Shut up" she defended lamely, shoving him out of the dressing room and coming out herself.

"Do you want to go somewhere?" he asked, taking her duffle bag from her despite her protests, and slinging it on his own shoulder.

"So that you can get drunk again? No thanks."

"I promise, I won't. I just want to spend time with you but the two Got7 members keep getting in the way, especially BamBam." He said sourly. Yugyeom and BamBam had planned to stay for a day or two.

"Jealous?" she asked in a sing-song voice, poking him in the side.

"No!" he denied too quickly but Rosé already knew from his expression that he indeed was jealous.

"Don't worry, they're not competition. They are just really close to me. You see, they were one of my first friends outside YG," she assured him. "Besides I'll be surprised if BamBam gets over Lisa."

"BamBam and Lisa? They're dating?" he asked, astonished.

"Nope, but it's obvious they are interested. They just don't want to ruin their friendship" Rosé said. She kind of understood it now that she was in such a situation with Jungkook.

Fans and agencies aside, what would happen if Jungkook and Rosé decided to date then break up? Their friendship, even her relationships with the BTS members and their mutual friends would be badly affected. It was really an issue that made her think twice each time she felt that she should give her and Jungkook a chance.

"Well, their friendship is already tense and awkward right now so I don't get them. Do they want to continue the awkwardness? If they give in to their feelings, at least they could straighten it out and have a chance of reinstating their relationship. Not doing anything will just make them drift apart," Jungkook muttered as he led her to his car.

Though Jungkook was talking about BamBam and Lisa, Rosé couldn't help but apply it to herself and Jungkook. In a way he was right. She thought so much about the negative possibilities about dating that she did not realise what could happen if they didn't.

Jungkook did promise to wait but what happens is she refuses him for the sake of their careers? Rejection would put a strain in their friendship and it would be ruined either way. It's not like they were going to be celibate in life. Sooner or later they would find someone and won't that have the same risk?

That's when she realised that she wasn't saving their careers; she was just postponing it. This made the question shift from if she wanted to risk her career to who she wanted to risk her career with. This was a lot easier to answer. Jungkook. Who else would she want? Maybe she should go for it.

"Hey?" Jungkook called from beside her, breaking her chain of thoughts. He opened the door for her and jogged over to the other side, settling in the driver's seat.

"Seatbelt young lady," he reminded but she didn't seem to hear him. He sighed and reached over, securing the seatbelt across her body.

"Chaeyoung!" he called out as he started driving. She hummed in response, looking at him, a little startled.

"Are you good at math?"

"Yes?" she narrowed her eyes at him, a little weirded out by the question.

"Well I'm not, because the only number I care about is your phone number" he winked before turning back to the road.

"Are you flirting with me?" she asked a little surprised by his use of pick-up lines. Where did her innocent and shy bunny go?

"What does it seem like princess?" he droned, referencing BamBam's nickname for her. Rosé seemed to realise that too because she asked, "Gosh you're still salty about that?"

"I told you, it's in my nature"

"Well, you don't have much to be jealous about because I'm yours"

The car jolted to halt as Jungkook stared at her with wide eyes. "Gosh Chae, you can't drop such a thing on a man who is driving!"

Rosé laughed slightly which made him chuckle as well. But soon his smile diminished into a serious look as he whispered, "Say your mine again."

"I'm yours Jungkook, all yours" she said softly, looking into his eyes, meaning every word she uttered.

Jungkook closed his eyes for a brief second, taking it in. When she asked him to wait, he assumed it to be a minimum of a year. He never expected to be this soon, but he certainly was not complaining.

He slowly leaned forward, touching his mouth to her forehead, then between her eyebrows, on her cheek and on the tip of her nose. His lips brushed against hers ever so lightly as he looked in her eyes, as though asking for permission.

"Jungkook, just kiss me" she breathed and that was all it took.

Jungkook's lips pressed against hers slowly, just savouring the faint taste of strawberry from her lip gloss. They just stayed in that position for a few seconds with their lips against each other. Jungkook's hand slowly wrapped around her chin, deepening the kiss as his lips moved against hers.

Jungkook immersed himself into the moment, only focusing on the kiss. His kiss. His first kiss. He could only be grateful that it was with someone as amazing as Rosé. Her sweet scent, her taste of strawberry, her smooth and milky skin, everything about her was so addictive.

Rosé was struggling to keep herself on hold as her mind was spinning, lightheaded because of the man who managed to cloud her thoughts just like that. She could feel his hand from her chin move to the side of her head, holding her there as he kissed her and she let him.

"Please tell me you felt the spark too" he breathed deeply as they parted. She looked at him incredulously.

"Spark? I felt goddamn fireworks."