#55: Gay.

Chapter Fifty-Five: "Gay."

"How do you like the food?" Mason asked. Jungkook choked on his scrambled eggs when Mason spoke in his deep voice out of nowhere. "Here, drink." Mason pushed the glass of water to him. Jungkook drained the cup at his statement. Luckily, his coughing subsided soon.

Nice job Jungkook. You just embarrassed yourself in front of your future father-in-law. He mentally cursed himself before apologising to Mason. "Sorry Mr Park, but yes the food is good. Thank you."

"Alright. I would like to ask you a few questions now if you don't mind. Or would you prefer it after eating?" Mason asked.

"Now would be fine." Jungkook replied. He certainly would have liked to postpone as much as possible but what use was that? Either way it's going to happen. Might as well get it over with than wallow in his nervousness.

"I'll start small. What attracted you to my daughter?" Mason asked.

"I've always liked her since her debut. She is very talented and has the best voice I've ever heard and that intrigued me. When we got to know each other due to our scandal, I learnt about what an amazing person she is. Even though the scandal was my fault, she did not for a second hold it against me. She is kind, mature, inspiring, empathetic and a beautiful woman inside-out." He answered, thanking the lord when he managed to speak without stuttering.

"What's your favourite quality about her?"

"There are many but one particular one is her ambitiousness. She makes sure to achieve what she sets her mind to. She works hard and is determined. She's very persevering."

"Why do you love her?" Mason asked. Jungkook gave a moment to think about the question before answering.

"That can't be said sir. If I say she's pretty, what happens when we get old? If I say she's talented, what happens when she no longer is able to sing as she used to? If I say she's kind and forgiving, what happens when she no longer can take it? I just love her. I don't think I need a reason."

"What are your intentions with my daughter?"

Jungkook looked into his eyes and said with confidence oozing in his tone, "I want to marry her. I want to live with her till death does us apart. Would you allow me to do so, Mr Park?"

"What if I say no?" Mason asked.

"I'll make you say yes Mr Park. I'll prove myself to you until you approve of me. I'll fight for her even if it's against you." He said and he could swear he saw a hint of smile on the older man's face.

"I'll approve, under one condition." Mason said sternly, the gleam of smile gone. Jungkook nodded, a little nervous about what came next. "Give her a good proposal. One that my princess deserves."

Jungkook grinned at him and promised, "The best Mr Park." Mason, for the first time, smiled widely at him.

"Do me a favour and don't call me sir," He requested.

"What else do I call you?" Jungkook asked.

"How about dad?"

-

"How did it go?" Rosé asked eagerly as she skipped down the staircase towards Jungkook who had just entered the house. Rosé felt a mix of humour, nervousness and excitement as she waited for Jungkook and her dad to come back. Jungkook looked at her with a forlorn expression which made Rosé's spirits deflate as she slowed down her pace. It must have not gone well.

However, when she reached him, his expression did a complete overturn. His lips formed a huge grin and he held his hands out with his thumbs up. "Approved!"