#46: Kick his ass.

Chapter Forty-Six: "Kick his ass."

Rosé stretched, looking at her phone once more. She was in her studio, working and it had been precisely 2 weeks, 3 days, 5 hours and 12 minutes since their break. She couldn't help but keep track and as each day went by, she became more and more anxious.

If you're asking why she was checking her phone repeatedly, it was her birthday. Her members had burst into her room when the clock struck midnight. The BTS members had called her up through Jin's phone as well, passing the phone around between them so they could all wish her a happy birthday. But one didn't. Jungkook. She didn't ask, and they didn't acknowledge it, letting his absence go noticed yet unnoticed.

Rosé knew she asked for a break and it would be unfair of her to expect him to call her up but she couldn't help it. She knew she had promised to let him decide when to get back together but she just wanted to hear the two words from him. It was her first birthday together with him but they weren't even celebrating it together.

Rosé initially had her drama shoot scheduled till late afternoon. She was supposed to go home and rest afterward but her thoughts always went back to him. Hence she had gone to the agency and started working in her studio, writing songs.

Just as she was penning her thoughts down, the studio bell rang. She pressed the button on her desk, granting permission for whoever was outside to enter her studio. She turned around in her chair to see Yoongi entering, his gummy smile on show.

"Happy birthday princess!" He opened his arms wide and Rosé did not hesitate to rush into them. She wrapped her arms around his torso tightly, resting her head on his chest, his warmth enveloping her and giving her the comfort she so badly needed.

"Why are you working?" He asked, sitting next to her on the couch.

"To keep myself busy," she said but winced, realising what she just confessed to.

"How are you keeping up?"

"Great." She said but both of them knew it was quite the opposite. "How about him?" she asked after a second.

"He is barely home. If he isn't working, he hangs out with BamBam or Jaehyun or Yugyeom." Yoongi said, watching her expression cautiously. Rosé was a lot like Jin in this aspect. They both hide their pain in smiles and laughter.

"You miss him, don't you?" He asked, knowingly.

Rosé glanced at him. "I think you already know the answer."

Yoongi sighed, pulling her arm and folding her into his embrace. He rested his chin on her head. He felt bad for her and he knew no matter what he said, it won't make her feel better. Only one person could, but he was out somewhere he had no idea of.

Yoongi felt his shirt getting wet and widened his eyes as he realised she was crying. "Oh no, your shirt. I'm sorry." she apologised, trying to pull away but he tightened his hold on her. His hand held her nape, letting her cry in his chest. He felt her arms grip the back of his shirt harder, clinging onto him for support.

"I am so sorry princess. I really am." He whispered, shifting his hand over her hair and running it through her soft blonde locks. His heart shattered as he watched her break like that. He treated her as his own sister. Her crying was one of the worst things in the world for him and he was frustrated that he couldn't do anything to stop her tears and make her smile.

"I just... I miss him..." She cried.

"I know princess, I know you do. I know he does as well." He dropped a gentle, long kiss on her crown.

"Then why is he taking so long?" Her voice broke as she sobbed.

"I don't know princess," He admitted helplessly. If only he knew where Jungkook was. He would drag him over here to see what he did to his own girlfriend.