Brandon Uranowitz, Josie's Peer Editor

Book: Adopted by Falsettos
Josie's Age: 12-13

In all honesty, I miss the time when I was on Wattpad. Granted, it was just for a few days, but I loved writing Falsettos fanfiction. Mama found it hilarious, and I'm sure my writing skills improved over the course of a few years.

What could go wrong if I made a new account and starting writing fanfic again? I was out of the closet, so that was one less thing I had to worry about if Mama or anyone stumbled upon the account.

I pulled up the Wattpad website on my laptop, put in my AirPods, put Falsettos on shuffle, and got to work.

________

"Hi!" I said to my uncle Andrew on my weekly FaceTime with him.

"Hey, Sprout! What's up? How's school?" Andrew asked.

"Schools been going good, but I have a secret and you have to promise not to tell Mama or she's gonna hound me." I said.

"Okay, what's the secret?"

"I have a Wattpad account. I got another one. Same username as last time, thebisexualnextdoor, and yeah, I have a Falsettos fanfiction and it's what you would call cursed." I said.

"Oh God. Tell me more."

"It's literally an AU where everyone in Falsettos dies by yours truly hitting them with a shovel." I said.

"I- I'm so concerned."

"It's the product of sleep deprived Josie, let it go." I said. Andrew laughed and said, "I gotta go, Sprout, I'll talk to you later, I love you!"

"I love you too, Uncle Andy! Bye!"

_______

"Show me the fanfiction." Brandon said, whispering in my ear at a family dinner.

"What- who told you about that?" I asked, and then I noticed Andrew give me a wink.

"Ugh, I should've specified that you shouldn't have told anyone! Who else knows?" I asked.

Everyone in the room but Stephanie raised their hands. And as for my Mama, she just looked confused.

"What? What don't I know?"

"None of your business." Brandon said, dragging me to my room and opening his laptop. "So, I heard you have a very...interesting plot for this story."

"Daddy, stop, it gets me a lot of reads and I have 50 followers already!" I said, laughing. Brandon opened the story and started reading the first chapter, then handed me the laptop. "Log in."

"What? No! I'll do it on my own laptop...why do you want me to log in anyway?"

"Because I want to make some teeny tiny...edits." Brandon said.

"I have Grammarly for that, plus I don't really trust you." I said.

"Is that the way to speak to your father, Josephine?" Brandon asked.

"No, but still."

"Good. Then let me edit your very strange fanfiction." Brandon said. I sighed and reluctantly handed over my own laptop, looking over Brandon's shoulder as he edited the first chapter.

"Why are you making edits every other paragraph? Am I that bad at spelling and grammar?" I asked.

"They're just some tiny mistakes. I'm editing this like it was a school assignment." Brandon said. I sighed and flopped back on my pillows.

"I really don't like you at the moment."

"Love you too, Josie."